The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Duck Musicians

Today has been a pretty good day. Although I've not gone out, there's been plenty of entertainment, and I'm happy to say I was able to go to sleep at 3:30am! Congratulations to me! That's one small step closer to killing my insomnia.

Anyway, today I've experienced a lot of music. First there was the Eric Clapton Guitar Festival, which was really great, and then there was a short gig from Keane. Now, the Keane concert was labeled as "The New Kids of Rock 'N' Roll" and that really confused me. I had seen this gig previously on the guide, but I don't know why, I never bothered to check who it was (perhaps because I was either trying to get to sleep or getting drunk... erm) but when I learned it was Keane I was shocked. I'm not sure what Keane classify as, but I'll tell you, it's not rock n roll. If it ain't got a guitar, it ain't rock n roll. And a piano hardly classifies as a guitar. It's like saying that the duck is the king of the mammals. If it doesn't have nipples it's not a mammal (for the exception of monotremes)!

I also heard from my university today. I've been allocated a room! That's great, isn't it? Well, not actually... I won't find out what room it is for the next three days... isn't that convenient? That's torture, and they know it. It's like showing a hobo a bag of McDonald's and then telling him you don't have anything to give him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home