The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Intra-languages

So it’s been a pretty long time since I last wrote, but then, that wasn’t my fault. You see, we haven’t got an internet connection in our flat and the time that I spend at the uni is usually running around like a madman registering.

Anyway, enough of that. I’d just like to say that I had a very pleasant flight. I slept the eight hours from Venezuela to France and I didn’t have anyone sitting next to me on the flight to Newcastle. Given the fact that I’m not a people person, that was heaven sent.

So at the “Caracas” airport there was this mute girl asking for donations. As much as I didn’t want to give her anything, I actually didn’t have anything to give her (all I had were Pounds and no change in pounds… so seeing that everyone was giving her 2000 Bolivares I wasn’t about to give her 10 quid. The funny thing was, though, that she kept pointing and stuff (given she didn’t have a voice) and I “spoke” back to her through signs as well. It wasn’t as if I was doing it on purpose, but I guess that the whole silent thing is catchy. I think she was a bit annoyed at me for doing that, but I honestly didn’t do it on purpose. Am I the only one or do other people not talk to mutes?

There was also a giant. And by a giant I don’t mean Tiny. By a giant I mean a guy that was so tall that he had to duck in order to get through the metal detector thing. The second tallest person in the room measured up to his rib. I’m not making this up, I’m completely honest! He just stood above everyone else. You know that giant in Big Fish? Well, if it wasn’t because he was German and balding I would’ve thought it was him (oh, yeah, and he didn’t walk all crumbled up… R.I.P Giant from Big Fish).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home