The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

On your head

So us guys were watching the telly, and this advert about Fall Out Boy's album came on. James said that he thought he had heard them, and Ryan made a remark about it. It sounded as if he said "I love Fall Out Boy", but I was sure that he hadn't said that as he's actually got taste in music. I know for a fact that he detests them (who doesn't?), so I said "You love Fall Out Boy!? You're fucking emo!!!" and Ryan came back with "yeah, I like to write poems and slit my wrists". That was fucking hilarious, perhaps not when you read it, but the way he said it and at the moment he said it in made us all explode in laughter.

By the way, if you watched the Champions League match last night (Arsenal vs. Villarreal) you will have experienced quite an incident. The second half was about to commence when this Spanish fan ran onto the pitch (well, I don't know for a fact that he was Spanish, but it was in Spain) and went directly to Henry. We all thought he was going to push him or do something to him, but he just threw this blue shirt at him and kept running. What the hell? Well, it turns out it was a Barca shirt... with Henry's name on it. I thought that was quite funny and worth mentioning... plus, the guy was later tackled by three huge security guys that surely smashed his bones.

Anyway, Ryan and I went to this punk night thing at the Northumbria Uni Union. Not that we like punk (or Northumbria Uni), but the drink are really cheap. So we figured we might as well go where there's decent music plus we get to see some hot Northumbria girls.

Ryan had told me before about this rule that really fit girls usually go out with ugly chicks. That had been the case up to now, and Northumbria certainly wasn't the exception. It just makes you wonder, though. It's not as if the fit lasses need to look any better, they'll still be fit. All they're doing is making the ugly ones look uglier. That's quite mean, I thought.

I had observed this girl for quit some time, and I made up my mind that I was going to go and attempt some stuff. I tell Ryan and whatever, and just as I'm about to go this other girl comes and they start kissing. As shocked and delighted as I was, I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed (I know, this coming from me). I told you I had something for lesbians! I still wanted to go (and so did Ryan), maybe she was bi (and everybody knows bi girls are the best), but I felt very intimidated. Plus, I'd have enough trouble trying to keep away from guys... having to keep her away from girls as well would just be too much. Too much of a threat.

Anyway, guess who we ran into while there. Yep, Rock Soc girl. And guess what she kept on doing. Yes, hitting on Ryan. I told Ryan to tell her that he had a girlfriend (in a subtle manner... just slip it into the casual conversation: "Oh, yeah, my girlfriend did that once too" or something like that). After doing it (allegedly... I went for a spin hunting for single girls... which there don't seem to be many of) she kept on coming onto him. What the hell is wrong with women? It's like with the married thing. If they see you with a wedding ring, they'll be more attracted to you (fact). That just makes me want to get a ring and wear it just to attract moral-less slutty girls.

Things really took a twist once we were in the dance floor, though. Towards the end of the night, she just came by (she was divided between us and her mates) and gave me a long hug. I hugged her back not really knowing was was going on. She then went away again, this time disappearing. Presumably she went home, but that was weird. And it was the first [proper] hug I had recieved in a long time (yes, I'm emotionally repressed). Well, I hope to find out what that was all about on Friday. I invited her to Legends with us (much to Ryan's anger) just because going with a girl makes it easier to find other girls. See how messed up women are!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home