The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Last

So I overslept today. That's right, the first of many times to come. The problem is, though, that I don't live in Ricky Rd. anymore, so I can't get from my bed to the uni in 5 minutes... I actually have to walk to the Metro and then take the Metro, wait for the Metro to get to Haymarket and then cross to road from the Metro station to the uni (and then walk from there to whatever part of the uni I'm supposed to be in). So yes, it's a more complex activity now.

I just rushed. Half asleep. Rushed. Into the Metro (after changing, of course) and since I hadn't had time to organise my stuff before leaving, I thought I'd do that while in the Metro. Yes, I know it's a terrible idea, especially at half-eight when everyone's using it. I was fiddling with my bag when the Metro took a right turn, thrusting me to the left (or on my back). I wasn't holding on to the railing as I was holding my bag with one hand and looking for some paperwork with the other... and I just feel myself falling backwards with no stop. My last ditch attempt to save myself was a lash out savagely at the top holding-thinger... and I somehow managed to grab onto it and stop my fall. I then look back to see if I hit anyone and I see this terrified lady. Yeah, it would've been quite something to knock out an older lady at 8:30 in the morning...

The other day we were at Tesco shopping for our weekly supply of food. After we were done, we're walking with the shopping carts to the Metro but then there's a point where you can't take them any further (although I saw this woman take it past that point and she didn't get tackled or anything... but well, whatever, nevermind) so we take our shopping bags from the carts and then we face the task of placing the cart on the cart-storage thinger right there. I give it a kick at the back wheel and move it right in front of Jimmy. The cart is facing away from Jimmy (the right way, if you like) so I yell out at him "kick it in! kick it in!" and much to my amazement he does kick it--right in the middle.

Okay, for those of you who haven't gotten it yet, remember that the middle part of the back of the cart moves in so that you can place other carts "through" it. When he kicked it his foot went right into the cart, holding him in a kicking position for some time. I still can't believe he did that. What a brain fart :P

By the way, have you noticed that Emile Heskey looks like the huge black guy from the Green Mile? Not like the actual actor, but the way he's portrayed in the Green Mile: a humongous mentally challenged bloke (yes, I know he's not retarded in the Green Mile--no need to send emails about it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home