The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Second First Impressions of Newcastle

Right, so a few things happened within my first week here that were somewhat unusual (to different degrees, but still odd).

First off, Jimmy, Vadim and I are driving to Tesco to get some stuff for the flat (and some food as well) and I happen to catch this cyclist run straight into a pole. Just like that. What a retard. As if that wasn’t enough, then the guy that was following close behind obviously didn’t have time to react so he crashed into the first cyclist. The second cyclist is understandably pissed off (apparently he hurt his arm) so he starts throwing things around, only for a fit lass to appear with her dog. That clears everything up. The first cyclist wasn’t an idiot… he was just looking at the girl instead of looking ahead. Never mind, he is an idiot.

I also saw this very fit girl walking up the uni steps with a huge box. What might it have been? Well, it was a dancing pole. Hell yeah, baby! I bet that block had a massive Fresher’s Week, those bastards.

In other news, this one is dedicated to Ercole. Remember how we saw that truck with advertisements on the back just driving around the city throwing away fuel? Well, I can now top that. I saw a van driving around the streets with advertisements on the back wasting British fuel (note the price difference)… and that wasn’t all: It was animated ads! But wait, there's more! It also had sound! I’ve got to admit that was a bit cool, but hey, a waste of fuel anyway. I wonder how much people pay to put their stuff on those trucks. Well, guess you could find out at www.mediadisplays.co.uk

I thought I’d just say that I’ve been here for almost a week now (at least at the time or writing, not sure when I’ll be able to post this on the web) and I feel as I’ve been here for months. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I’d like to think it’s a good thing. I’m already settled and all that crap, so it does feel like home. On the other side, it might be because I’ve spent about what I usually spend in a month on this almost-week. Fuck those fuckers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home