The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, September 16, 2005

Nano

So I'm kind of pissed off at the moment. I like to be on top of technology things, and in order to make sure I am I've got loads of live bookmarks giving me all the latest news on technology (and other things, but technology is dominant there) so that I don't have to browse a shedload of pages to find what's new every day.

--Advertisment--

You can't get Live Bookmarks (or RSS feeds) with Internet Explorer. The best way to manage your RSS feeds is to do it through a browser (usual RSS programmes work with your email client, for some reason... I find that to be inefficient, but that's me), so I recommend you use Firefox. Perhaps you've seen the Firefox banner at the top of my blog, you can click there and it'll take you directly to the download. There you'll learn all the benefits of Firefox and you'll be given the chance to enhance your internet experience (I advise you take it).

--Advertisment--

So I'm looking through my feeds yesterday, and I notice this one that says something like "new iPod Nano brings..." and of course, I click on it to see what it was. It turns out it's the new iPod mini but with a different look. But then I read that it has been out in the market for more than a week... and I had no idea! Why hadn't I heard about this thing via my other RSS feeds? I can't tell you how pissed off that made me, but well, I'll give you my own review of this new mp3 player.

The iPod Nano is the new iPod Mini. Basically, it look like your normal iPod, only that it's the size of the shuffle (a bit taller and about twice as long) and it's about an a quarter of an inch thin. What's the secret? Well, instead of working with a hard drive like the normal iPod, it has flash memory. So everything so far looks good... but then it comes in two models: 2GBs and 4GBs. What're you kidding me!? You can't fit anything in there! I mean, sure, you can fit something, but it's not enough. The guy who was reviewing this iPod used the following rationalization: well, it's good because it is mostly an mp3 player you would use for working out and things like that, so you're not going to fill it up with music. Well, that might be a reasonable explanation, but this iPod Nano costs $250 (4 GB) while the normal 20GB is $300. I'd much rather have a bigger iPod where I can fit all my stuff. I know you're probably saying "but you won't use that much space!" Well, I only have 5GB to go on my iPod, so yeah, I can fill that up.

Bottomline is, if you care about looks more than what's inside, then you should go for the Nano. Else, you might aswell fork out an extra $50 and get 16GB more. So I guess we'll see all the girls with their iPod Nano's in the near future... (let that hate mail begin!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home