The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fixxxer

So I decided--for some unexplainable reason--to go with Steve down to the pub to watch Palace play Stoke (Championship football... what was I thinking!?) So well, we go and we have a few drinks while watching the match and then play some pool and yada yada yada, we're on our way back. We're walking through Castle Leazes (the uni halls... dorms if you like) and we're just walking through the middle of the road. A few seconds after we're right in, we notice something's wrong. The car stick thingy (the one where you have to present a ticket and stuff in order for it to get lifted and the car can come in) was gone. And it was there when we passed earlier to get to the pub. So, we figured either somebody had been drunk enough (and strong enough) to steal the thing, or some car just ran through it. They both seem so surreal, but it's the only explanations we could come up with. Ah, vandalism in the UK... it's funny how I've never seen that happen in Venezuela!

My marketing professor was just talking about cultural issues and marketing, and then she decides to give an example of something (yes, so much for paying attention in class): "for example, in [the United States of] America, when the French decided not to go to war in Iraq, they had the French fries--what we call chips--renamed to 'Freedom fries'." And then the whole lecture theatre burst up laughing. So gay Americans... McDonalds allegedly had to change the names and all... I would like some confirmation from my correspondant in the US, if possible. Lol, so gay...

Steph (the girl that made the comments about Peter Crouch having the "biggest dick in the world") was back in our flat tonight. She was again horny as ever, and the first comment she made was that Tom was probably strong enough to lift her up. He was indeed, he lifted her almost all the way above his head with very little effort, to which she said "you could probably lift me up and lick my @$#%! with no problems." We were just shocked at the comment, but then Oliver finally broke the ice: "that sounds like an invitation to me!" to which Steve seconed. She didn't say anything.

Later on they were talking about Everton players (she's Scouse so she supports Everton) and she names a few before she comes to Matteo Ferrari. "... Ferrari... mmm, how I wish I could ride his Ferrari." Shocked again, but just to clear things up Tom says "stick, eh?" and she smiles. Who says girls aren't horny?

So then things sort of go back to normal and we're talking and stuff, when all of a sudden Oliver asks me if I'm black. I'm about to make a sarcastic comment when I notice that he's actually seroius, and that the other guys (including Steph) are looking at me expecting an answer. So I take a few seconds to reflect: why would they think I'm black? I mean, they're not that white... I'm as white (or dark) as some of the guys so it can't be that. Could it be my hair? What the fuck? "Do I look black?" I say more than question. They all say I don't, but they're curious as I'm from Venezuela. I thought that would be the end of it, but they're all expecting a straight answer. "No, I'm not fucking black... not that there's anything wrong with it!" I say. Nobody gets it, of course, because they're not Seinfeld freaks. "So what are you?" they enquire this time. I really wasn't sure what to say, so I decided to use my card down my sleeve "Uhm, Latin I guess." Right after I said that Steph turned completely around towards me and looked at me for a few seconds... then she half-smiled.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sad, sad, but true.... all the menu served to Congressmen in Washington, DC had to be changed to reflect this new change... i believe that McD just calls them fries though, but don't take my word for that...

dude!!!!!!!! Steph wants to fuck you!! can you lift her up and eat her at the same time??

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAN SO HORNY CHICK, DAMN!! man, you should of said, i'm latin but i'm black below if you know what i mean. Steph chick is horny, nail her dude. probably there is a reason she is so horny because she hasn't gotten any. I'm assuming she isn't pretty or anything like that. SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home