The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

The thing that should not be

So today was just a footy day, pretty much. Woke up late and then made my way to the pub where I watched Man Utd play Newcastle, then England play France (in the rugby Six Nations) and then Arsenal play Liverpool. Quite a sporting day, eh? Yep, so I decided to do that instead of my work... but I think I deserved my sporting day after working so hard throughout the week.

While at the pub (my favourite pub... not only are the prices very reasonable, but the girls in the bar staff are all blonde and fit), there was this tough looking guy sitting in front of me. Everytime it was his turn to buy the round, he's come over and play the pub slot machine that was located right in front of me. What was peculiar, though, was the he won every time he played... and with the money that he won he would buy the round of drinks. And he did that at least two times! What the hell was going on I've got no clue, but it seems like something I'd like to do. Very economical.

Oh, today it snowed all day! Finally, the day I've been looking forward to. By the time I left my flat to go to the pub (make that oneish) everything was white... and it kept snowing. What I noticed when I got to the pub, though, was that I don't like snow as much as I thought I would've... not only did I slip and almost fall a couple of times, but also my ears were freezing, giving me a headache! Overrated I say! But it was really good... my first heavy snowing day. On the way back everything was covered in snow, and my usual path--one that I walk almost daily--seemed like a new one. That was quite amusing. Snow!!!

There's this record store here in Newcastle that's a bit more than a record store--it's like a music centre. There not only can you find rare records, but you can also find rare singles and even autographs. So the usual prices are of around 60 pounds if the artist is famous and relatively recent (say 90's). Then you can find some of the better artists from the past at around 100-120 pounds (David Bowie, Robert Plant, Eric Clapton (although he's only 90 quid!) and so on). So well, I see no Zep so I tell James that he can get me Plant whenever he's feeling generous. However, I was in there recently, and I spotted a Led Zeppelin one in the far corner in the entrance (I spotted Jimmy Page on the picture somehow) and marvelled at it for a while. I was just about to text James to tell him I had found his Christmas present to me when I saw the price. Fucking 200 quid! Talk about abusing... so well, if you guys want to send me some money to help fund James' Christmas gift you're more than welcome to. Just send the money to... just send it to my flat. I'm receiving so much mail they won't notice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

money laundering now?? i thought we were venezuelans, not colombians!

just because we change our flag, shield, legislative body's name, and country's name whenever we feel like it doesn't make us weird... or narcos.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home