The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The sun goes down

So I've got tonsillitis, it's almost official. Fuck me. I still haven't gone to see the doctor (I'm doing my best not to, but I've reached the stage where I can't sleep, so I'm forced to at this point) but I looked at all the symptoms and I've got all of them. Plus, I had the same thing in December. This sucks.

Do I get a break because I'm suffering? No, of course not. I spent most of the day working on my stupid PHP thing and eventually got it done after about 4 straight hours of working on it (plus about 3 hours from yesterday)... and the worst part is that it's crap. http://www.students.ncl.ac.uk/james.nicholson/forms/project2/submit.php if you want to check it out and laugh at me. I still have to work on minor details, but at least now it does what it's supposed to do... so crap.

And well, I've practically finished that (which is due tomorrow) so I'll be able to rest off my tonsillitis. Oh, of course not! I've got to work on my essay due Friday. But then I'll be able to rest, right? LOL. If only I didn't have my Java project to work on...

On the upside, though, I found out that some random person linked to my blog. I don't know why, I don't know who... but hey, it's good! It means that at least someone reads it, right? Although I have a feeling it could've been a generic thing, but hey, still... I'm becoming famous! lol.

I always thought that running in the cold would be cool. You know, you don't have the sun burning you down, so you auto-cool yourself. That's always been my thought. However, I tried it some time ago (I was at the pub waching a footy match and they called me from Tesco telling me they were 2 minutes away from delivering my groceries) and it's really not that great. The cold air burnt my throat and my lungs, and I could only properly run for about 3 minutes. After that I felt lightheaded. Of course, it could be because I'm completely out of shape, but still, the cold had something to do with it. In case you're interested to know, I did make it on time back to my flat. How? I mistakenly told the guy to go to Northumbria University and then to come back to Newcastle Uni... that bought me some time. He didn't seem too happy about it, though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so the link doesn't work...

and who is this?

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home