The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, March 10, 2006

The evil that men do

So way too much has happened in the past couple of days, even if I have been working hardcore until 7pm every day since Monday. It's odd how so much happens when you're outside the flat for most of the day, huh? lol.

Anyway, it has been raining almost constantly for the past week. Not heavy rain like in Venezuela, but light rain but throughout the whole day. It's not bad, really. In fact, I enjoy it for two main reasons. The first reason is that if it's raining, it means it's not freezing cold (and in fact, since it started raining daily from around Wednesday the temperature has been around the double digits) unlike when the sun is shining (I still find that so deceiving... it sort of pisses me off). Second of all, for some reason it makes me feel in place, if you know what I mean. Probably not. Well, Newcastle was supposed to be a rainy place, but aside from the past two weeks it had barely rained. In fact, it had been sunny for most of the days. For some reason that unsettled me, but now that I'm getting what I was expecting I do feel more at ease. If that makes sense...

I've noticed that no matter how late I am to a lecture (10 minutes tops), I'm never late. How does that work? Well, whenever I'm late the lecturer is usually late. Not that we sync up or anything, but it's just the way it happens. Remember the time when I was seven minutes late to y Environments lecture and the lecturer hadn't arrived? Well, it happened again but with programming a few days ago. And then today I was ten mintutes late for my business seminar (I decided to go back and have breakfast after my early lecture and got caught for time... ended up leaving the flat at 11am when my seminar was supposed to start at 11:05!) and once I got there, all rushed up, the guy hasn't arrived. In fact, the room was locked, so we ended up starting the seminar at almost half eleven. Not that I'm complaning, it's just that if I knew that they were going to be late as well then I wouldn't be running like a fool in the streets trying to make it "on time."

While I was working in the Old Library, I stood up to stretch my legs and saw this ad on the wall. It read "Too busy? Nightline" and it gave you the number at the bottom. I'm pretty sure I've explained this before (oh, yes, I have.. when I was thinking about taking up a job there) but the Nightline is a phone number you can call (really?) when you're feeling down or suicidal or, you know, fucked up. Which makes me wonder what that has to do with being buys. Are they going to do your work for you--give you the answers over the phone? Are they going to make you feel better by talking to you for half an hour and then make you realise that you could've finished a sizeable chunk of your work during that time and that now as a result you'll go to bed half an hour later than you would've? What could they possibly do!? What a waste of time!

Ryan was making fun of this guy with a huge moustache (or he was reading about someone making fun of him, whatever) and he came up with "the wolf attacked me... but luckily I had a pistol hidden in my moustache." To which I replied "I have a bazooka hiddin in my 'fro."

Ryan and I were at the pub watching a footy match and talking about some random shit. I don't remember what I was talking about, but I said "well, yeah, it's great because when you're alone you can just whip it out and entertain yourself." There was a short pause, and then we were both horrified. We agreed never to talk about it again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, what the fuck were you talking about??

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see what you do in you're alone time or when you are pretty bored, which is most of the time.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home