The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Highway to Hell!

So I can't really say anything exciting happened today. I've been feeling really bad, but I still had to attend lectures. Not only that, but I had the busiest day ever. Until 7pm, I only rested for 30 mins when I went to my flat to grab a bite, but since the kitchen was taken I just ate some Jaffa Cakes and moved on. That's right, I had my usual 5 hours of lectures, plus an hour of explanation about the modules I should take next year, and then the rest of the time working on my PHP. The damn thing just won't happen! It's incredible!

During my programming class (you already know how much I dislike it) I tend to look at the clock every ten minutes hoping it's over. I'm always disappointed, obviously. But I just can't help it, I can't go more than 10 mins without looking over at the clock. About a week ago, though, I managed to go quite a long time without looking at the clock (maybe I fell asleep, don't remember) and then when I looked it was quarter to. Yay! Only fifteen minutes more to put up with! Then a while later I looked back at it again. Hmm, still quarter to. Time seriously does go slow. Then, after another while I look again and it's still quarter to. That's it, I'm pissed. There is no way in hell that time goes by that slowly (or, more appropriately, doesn't go by at all!). Something's definitely wrong. I look at my watch and it indeed says that it's quarter to (well, around). Interesting, perhaps I've completely lost it now. So I want for another while and I glance again at the clock and--you guessed it--it's quarter to. Fuck me. I look at my watch and it's five to. Hmm. How come I didn't figure out that the clock wasn't working before? I knew that time stood still during that lecture, but I never expected it to literally become still. So pajuo...

Something that I've noticed while here is that they have insurance for everything. A quick example is when the cleaning lady found out that our freezer was off and that some stuff in there had gone bad, she said that if we had insurance then we could get it replaced. Yeah, food insurance. I wonder how that works, because I know that if I insured my food then I'd eat it and say that it got lost or something and then get it replaced... hmmm... very good idea, that way I wouldn't have to buy food ever again! But seriously, people take insurance here so seriously. In Venezuela nobody has insurance and everything gets stolen... while here everybody has insurance and nothing gets stolen. Ah, ironies of life. Oh, and there's even cock insurance (I'm not joking, I saw it on the telly... don't ask what I was watching)... how fucked up is that? (get it? lol)

Do you remember when I told you that Hell was right here in Newcastle? Well, I've got proof now. I thought I'd treat you to a picture of it. I'm also in the picture, but my afro isn't at its best. It had been raining, so it was all aplastado at the time of the photo. Yes, I know it's a gay pose... I was cold, cut me some slack. If you look carefully below the label you might be able to see the most racist thing ever...


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what does the label say??

and.... what the fuck were you watchign!?

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home