The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Going down

So yeah, I think I'm now officially a bum. Yesterday I pretty much took the day off, and today I took the day off. I only had one lecture, I think. It could've even been possible that that lecture has been postponed. To be fair, I woke up on time to go to the lecture... and I even got up! I turned on my computer to check my email (always check my email before leaving... just to make sure that lectures are still on or if the locations have been changed or whatever) and I see that its 0 degrees celsius... I said fuck it and I went back to bed. No way I was gonna go out with early symptoms of the flu when it's freezing.

I ended up waking up at around two, I think. The rest of the day is history... Ryan and I went into town to check out the music sales. I only knew of one, but we decided to check the other stores just to make sure. Turns out that the sale I knew about was shite, and the other ones were really good. I ended up with two records to add to my collection that keeps expanding at an alarming rate.

While out and looking at records and stuff, I came up with an idea--a way to download "stuff" without the proxy flagging me. Could I be a genius or just a fool? I decided to try it as soon as I got home. To explain things without really explaining them (for disclosure reasons), Ryan uses this software to play World of Warcraft that blinds the proxy... I figured that I could probably use it to blind the proxy while I was using some... erm... software. I tried it and it wouldn't work... for some reason it wouldn't connect. However, after extensive efforts I made it work, and voila, I can download "stuff" now! My life is now complete! I may have sold my soul to the devil (again... I wonder how many times I can sell it without *it* noticing)... but it's all good.

The only problem now, though, is that I'm sure that I will run out of space the jPod. I currently have 3GBs (give or take) of free space, and I made a huge list of things I want... what am I going to do now? Ah, I'll figure something out when the time comes :) So well, I'm almost 100% sure that I will have filled the jPod by the end of Easter. Oh dear, oh dear.

So this brings up a very important issue: ethics. I know I shouldn't be doing this, especially because I'm a computing student. It's perhaps one of the worst things I can do--abuse the resources for my own pleasure. But hey, my ethics lectures are after the Easter break, so until then I guess I can get away with it because "I didn't know"... or "wasn't aware of it"... Damn, I'm a bastard, no one's ever going to employ me...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so about that business deal...

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home