The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Wherever I May Roam

So today's been a typical Friday--lots of rushing and working and not much happening the other way. I always find myself packed up on Fridays not only because I have more lectures than Tuesday-Thursday combined, but because I have a short essay due every Friday and I never bother starting (and of course, not finishing) it before Friday. So yeah, After my packed schedule I usually have to write it all (just like explained in last week's entry).

This week's essay wasn't too bad, though. I sort of enjoyed writing it (but after the one that we had to write for last week, I think I would've enjoyed writing about anything). It was on my personality type ISTJ. Although there are some incorrect things there, it is mostly spot on, which is quite scary. At first I had loads of mistakes to write about, but as I kept writing the essay I kept proving them right (some of them even without noticing... I should post the essay here for you to read and laugh) so I only ended up with like three wrong statements.

Another thing, though, is that I've gotten in the habit of being "late" for classes, or at least rushing at the last moment to get there in time (by late I mean after the o'clock time specified, but all lectures start five minutes past). How could this happen? I remember during my first weeks I'd get there up to 20 mins before the lecture started. But at that time I wasn't sure how long the walk would take... apparently I'm still not sure. But seriously, it's a pain, because I leave with "enough time" to make it by walking a bit fast (especially on mornings... on afternoons I can usually make it on time), but once I check my watch about halfway through I see that it's already 9, so I have to sprint to my class. I could go in late, but I hate being late, I'd rather miss the lecure altogether. But yeah, today I made it at 9:04. Close call. Something that's also been messed up is that I've been having Jaffa Cakes for breakfast for the past week... what the hell's all that about? Goodbye to healthy Jimmie.

Now here's an old joke courtesy of Damasio. I was reminded of it today, and for some reason it just cracked me up. Good old Damasio: Why did Pinochio catch on fire?

Today, I also had a demonstration of typical British weather. I left my flat in the morning when it was raining with very strong winds. About halfway through the trip, it all of a sudden stopped raining and the winds died (all of a sudden means that in a second they were both gone) and the sun came out. Then, as I was transitioning from my first lecture to my second, it was hailing (that was cool... sort of), but by the time I got to the next building the sun was out again! It rained quite hard while I was in the lecture theatre, but once I got out it cloudy but with very strong winds. For the rest of the day it stayed cloudy with strong winds, although the sun came out a couple of times and it rained at night... and then we all wonder why the weather reporter always gives us wrong information!

So I'm being fucked in uni now, it's official. I'm supposed to write a form/picture/url-subitting website in PHP that I have no clue how to write, and I have to write a Java program for a fucking lazy secretary that I'm not sure how to go about. Well, I guess I'll worry about that later, right? This is what uni's all about...

Answer: Because he was masturbating!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uhm.. yeah. go back to work, jimmie!

interesting profile... i think it does match you for the most part

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home