The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Paying the price

So today, Friday, is my busiest day of the week. Not something you look forward to when you're incredibly hung over. So when my alarm clock goes off at 8 in the morning and I can finally be arsed to get up (I think the alarm was going off for about a minute when it first woke me up, and then it went off for about half a minute while I got myself together) I turned it off, told myself I'd do fuck all today, and went back to bed. That wasn't necessarily the smartest move, as I've only missed two hours of class so far this year (and I'd be missing double that if I stayed in bed), but if I did attempt to go I'd be so out of it that it wouldn't even be worth it. So yeah, whatever.

The first thing that I notice when I wake up (that would be around 12 in the afternoon) is that I'm extremely thirsty (for no obvious reason...) so I get up and reach into my fridge to get out my water bottle. While I'm at it I notice something else--my ears are ringing so fucking loud that I can barely hear what's going on outside (and my flatmates usually yell). Great sign, ringing ears.

So after a few minutes of just putting myself together, I decide that the most sensible thing is to get something to eat--I'm starving. Just as I'm about to go out, I remember (yes, I remembered... I was so proud of myself that I remembered something at that point in time) that I've got makeup on my face. Hmm... I should probably take a shower before I make breakfast (or lunch?) or I'll be the target of many jokes to come. So yeah, I sneak into the bathroom and take a long shower when I almost tear my face apart trying to get rid of the marker. I succeed eventually and then make myself breakfast (my now famous bacon and sausage sandwich... mmm). While I'm eating it I remember that I have to hand in an assignment for Ryan, so well, I guess I'll just head of to my practical after doing that.

I get his school semi drunk but awake thanks to the cold. In order to hand in his thing I have to fill out a slip with all the details, most of which he gave to me yesterday while on the bus on a paper slip. So I take it out and start copying off my chuleta, but there are some things that aren't in there. So what am I supposed to do? I need to fill all that out correctly or it'll go somewhere else and he won't get any marks for it. Well, I figured it out. Let's just say that the lady that was there receiving the assignments must think that I'm a retard. But then, since I was posing for Ryan, she'll think he's a retard. but it got done, just not in the most subtle way--it got done the James way.

I didn't last much in my practical. I think in total I was only there for like 20 minutes when I decided to call it quits. I just wasn't functioning. I knew what I had to do (which is a really good sign because just a week ago I had no clue what I was doing) but I just couldn't get myself to do it. Since I knew what I had to do, I decided I'd do that work tomorrow afternoon when I'm recovered from the trip. So yes, my busiest day of the week turned out to be my shortest day of the week, with only 20 minutes of time. I feel I'm going to regret that later on, but hey, Manchester was so much better! So what did I do for the rest of the day? Sleep.

Now all I've got to do is hope the ringing goes away... which hopefully it will. At the time of writing it's still there, not as loud but still present. The thing is, I'm not sure if the volume has gone down because I've grown used to it or because it just has. I really hope it's the latter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

resist to corporate.... uhm.. sorry, i'm in the bash-the-corporate-stuff mood...

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home