The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Lost Vagueness

So I can't say that today's been my most eventful day ever, because it wasn't... so I won't say it was. Oh, boy, I'm bored. You can tell, can't you?

So this week's mostly been inactive, as you can tell by the entries. I've been nursing my health in order to make sure I'm 100 percent for Manchester where I'll undo all my curing. That's the price I have to pay. So well, not that I do much on Sundays, but I woke up quite late, and decided to go to the city centre just because. I found a few albums at very reasonable prices so I got those to add to my collection, and after that I headed to the pub to watch the Carling Cup final, which Man Utd won by destroying Wigan (yeah, I know, how low have we sunk...).

And that's pretty much it. After that I came back and just listened to music (I've gotten "bored" with my music, so I've been getting some new stuff... whatever that means). Yes, I should've been typing some coursenotes and writing a seminar diary and trying to figure out how to write my webpage and my program, but I really can't be arsed. It's funny that we just finished looking over motivation in my business class... the final conclusion was that we really don't know where it comes from. According to my personality description it comes from my inner sense of duty, which must've gone on holiday as of late. That's one of the points I made in my essay... I actually enjoyed writing that essay, even if I did write it at the last moment.

Something that I discovered is that people really can't change. They are who they are and they stay that way. It is possible to change for some time, but that's not really change--more like fakeing--as they'll always go back to their usual selves. Why am I saying this? Well, one reason is because I promised myself that I would become a good student for this semester,--do my work early and put more effort and that kind of bullshite. Well, I did for a while, but I finally reverted to leaving everything to the last minute and doing just enough to get the grade I want. And it sort of happens without you noticing, but then once you've fully reverted you do notice that you're back to how you used to be. But my grades are still good, and to be honest, they were always good, and they didn't improve that much when I was doing my work ahead of time... so yeah, I guess I am who I am and I won't try to change myself.

Oh, I thought I'd let you guys know that my afro is back--to the extent that I'm being addressed as "the person beneath the hair." It's been 5 months since I last cut it, and it took me 6 months to have it he longest it's ever been. However, in between I had two "trimmings" and so far I've had none, so I guess it is bigger than it was before. In fact, it's so massive I can hide a pen on my sides... I wonder how many I can fit on the top. I don't have enough pens to test, but I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I can fit quite a few. I'll see if I can get a picture and put it up here (or better just email it to people who leave comments).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FRO, FRO, FRO!

and mail the pic to my brother too.. he'll be amused

oh, btw, i won't be flying across the pond... need to play catch w/ sleep

>"Señores pasajeros, estamos descendiendo hacia el Aeropuerto Internacional
>de Maiquetía, que sirve a la ciudad de Caracas.
>
>
>
>Desde él ustedes podrán acceder a San Juan de Puerto Rico en hora y media;
>a
>Santo Domingo en una hora cuarenta; a la Habana en dos horas quince; a
>Bogotá en dos horas; a Miami en dos horas y media y a Caracas en cuatro
>horas.
>
>
>
>Muchas gracias por habernos escogido como su línea de transporte. No
>olviden
>sus pertenencias personales a bordo.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home