The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

You've got to love medicine

So today I woke up quite late for no obvious reason. I then killed time until my first lecture even though I should've been workin on an essay, but what the hell... there's always the day it's due, right?

The main event today, though, was my lecture at the medical school. I usually have my marketing lecture inthe dental building, which is right next to the medical building. The dental building is quite cool, very big and stuff. But, I decided I'd check my email before leaving for lectures and it turns out there had been a problem with the lecture theatre we're usually in and the lecture had been moved to another lecture theatre in the medical building. But I couldn't remember the name of the theatre, or the building, just that it was on the first floor. So I go into the dental building and start to look around. I find my way to the first floor, only to realise that I'm about to enter the hospital... voluntarily! Would you imagine that!?

So I get the hell out of there, and start looking again... maybe I misread and it's one of the many lecture theatres in the ground floor... but then I decide to take a look into the medical building. Lots of stuff on the listings, but I do see a lecture theatre on the first floor, so bingo, that should be it. I go into the medical building. So fucking nice! All modern and... I don't know what was so impressive about it, maybe the fact that I've never been there, but I was well impressed. I make my way to the first floor but I get locked inbetween the lifts/stairs because neither of the doors will open (the ones that lead into the actual first floor). Then. when I'm about to give up I notice on the side the squared reader for my smartcard, so I get out my wallet and it lets me in. At least we've got something in my school that they don't have in the medical school... labels!

So I follow the directions to the lecture theatre and there comes a time when I can't open any more doors. There's a small button/switch labeled "exit" but I'm afraid to press it thinking it might trigger some alarm. So I make my way to the first floor receptionist/helper/whatever she was. She tells me to just keep going straight and I'll find it on my right eventually. So I do just that and it just leads me to that same door. So I decide to go for the button. I press it and nothing happens. At least that's a good thing as the alarm didn't go off. I try pushing the door, and amazingly this time it opened (wow...!). So I keep on going and surely enough I find it. I just wait in the huge waiting room for the current lecture to finish. Seconds later one of the blokes from my course arrives and we comment how hard it was to find this place and all... good thing we were let out 30 minutes earlier from our previous lecture (first time ever! Such a good start to the day!).

So we finally go in, and the lecture theatre is huge! Not only is it huge, though, but it's very technologically advanced and well designed. It was also very comfortable, with very nice chairs (sofa style) and accompanying "working space." It was just an amazing experience, where most of us marvelled at the lecture theatre instead of paying attention to the lecture. At the end we were all discussing how bad we felt about our schools and how crappy they were compared to the medical school. But fair enough, half the uni budget goes into the medical school... but it woudn't hurt if they didn't rub it in our faces!

I'd do it all over again... although the next time I'd use the exclusive entrance to the lecture theatre right in front of the main entrance!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dumbass... use maps

and...yeah, now you know how everyone feels about wharton..

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home