The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Football Bloody Football (FBF)

So I went to watch the football yesterday with my flatmate. And when I say "I went to watch the football" I mean I went to the St. James' Park to watch Newcastle vs. Fenerbace. And I just didn't go to any seat, but we got pitchside tickets (I'm not sure if I had mentioned it before...)! We were about eight rows behind the photographers... which basically means we had kickarse seats! During the first half we had Duff running right in front of us (and he look just like on the telly lol)... and when Roeder yelled at his players, we could actually hear what he was saying!

The first thing that we noticed when we arrived were the Fenerbace fans. Damn, there were a lot of them... and they were loud... and they looked angry (as usual)! I wouldn't've wanted to be up there with those guys, they looked like they would get out an English flag and burn it any moment! And like I said, they were very loud. At times they were even louder than the Newcastle supporters (but then we would start chanting just to silence them... 25,000 people vs. 3,500 :) )

The first half of the match was okay at best. We got to see some good footwork by Duff, but that was about it. The second half was much better and we also go to see some great skills from Milner... not to mention Newcastle scored. Final score was 1-0 and the city was happy. Yes, that's right. On our way out you could see the sea of Geordies flooding the streets, outnumbering vehicles 12-1. Not much the cars could do about it. It was a beautiful disaster. And well, the chanting went on for a while longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home