The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, July 29, 2005

American "Soccer"

So I was watching this friendly game between DC United and Chelsea (yes, I was that bored). American commentary of football (or soccer) really pisses me off. There have been other occasions when I've tuned in for a while to watch the MLS because there's truly nothing to watch on the telly, but I usually tune out in minutes because of they way the American's express themselves. This guy scored a goal, and what does he do for his post-goal celebration? He swings an imaginary bat, imagining he hit a home run. Different sport, buddy!

Another time I saw ESPN put up these statistics, something like GPP's (Goals Passes Performed) instead of assists. Why would you use such a term as GPP's? RBI's. Bastard Americans can't tell the difference! Again, different sport!

So today I'm watching that game, and Chelsea lose the ball to the American team (yay!) and the guy comments "well, that's a turnover by DC..." and I'm like "WTF!? Now we're playing basketball!? How about Chelsea lost possesion or DC have taken possesion of the ball?" No, it's a turnover. That just pisses me off and it just goes to show that football (proper football, not "American Football") should not be played in the United States, it's an unsult to all other countries in Asia, Africa, Europe, Australia, and South America that do play the real thing. That's right, keep on playing "football" with your hands.

Oh, and what's up with "All Star Games"???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home