The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, July 22, 2005

Rodirgo

So today's been a pretty long day. That's right, I woke up at 11am which means I had 3 and a half more hours to live than it is usual in these vacations (yeah, I know I'm too lazy, leave me alone). Today we're planning something big, I'll let you know tomorrow if we pulled it off. But I'm going to dedicate today's entry to my friend Rodrigo (and no, the title wasn't misspelt).

We're on our way to Sambil and we see this guy--wearing his big hat and a blue squared shirt--riding his horse in the middle of the street, almost as if it were a perfectly natural thing to do. We stare for a couple of seconds in shock as this guy cooly rides by. Then Rod relases this emphasized shout "so rancho!" Indeed. I mean, if people think that it's not odd to ride horses in the middle of a busy street, the next thing we know is that people will start driving however they feel like it, getting in the way of other moving cars when they're clearly not supposed to and not using their crossing lights, "eating" the lights... oh, wait, that's already happening...

Then later on when we were in Sambil, Rod tells me that he's going to buy some popcorn (being the popcorn addict he is). So when we're approaching the popcorn stand, I ask him "so, have you eaten today?" and he says "yesterday at my house." I was startled. So he hasn't eaten for a whole day!? That's unnatural of him! It turns out that he was referring to popcorn, but at the time it seemed extremely odd, yet funny. Rod will be Rod.

Oh, by the way, I found out who the buzzing maniac is. It turns out it's a woman. She came around today, doing her buzz-my-brains-out routine. I was awake this time, so I just turned my music up. That's right, I ignored her out of spite. I hope the ranch bloke and his horse ran over her on her way out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home