The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Monday, July 25, 2005

Licking Frogs

So today I went out with my friends for a drink. That was pretty alright, and after those couple of hours I took off with Calabria to go to his apartment to pick up some stuff. We call Rodrigo to let him know that we'll pick him up at his place, and he says that he's going to check if his mom was awake. There's a 99% chance that he won't come along with us. We call him later on, and guess what, he can't come. So he's dumped us again... oh well.

So Calabria and I just roam around the streets of Valencia looking for something interesting. What to do, what to do...? Nothing, really, there's nothing to do in Valencia. But then, while passing by Las Cuatro Avenidas Calabria claims to have seen a frog. I, of course, dismiss that claim as an illusion. So he starts circling around this island to prove me wrong... we go around once, twice, three times... and finally guess what, he was right! There was this huge frog! I'm not kidding, it was the biggest frog I've ever seen! And mind, I did get a lot of frogs in my other house, but this was by far the biggest one I've seen. Just to give you a mental picture, it was so big that it didn't need to hop from the road onto the sidewalk, it could just crawl up there... now that's big! So what do we do after we find it? We chase it (we're still in the car, by the way). That's right, we go slowly behind it and the creature just hops and hops and hops. Eventually it makes it's way onto the grass and that's when the chasing stopped. It was quite an experience, though. It's not every day that you see frogs the size of softballs. So we have seen dogs, cats, rats and frogs the same day... Valencia is turning into a zoo. What's next, a tiger (although we did see this dog that looked like a large cat... maybe that was a small tiger...)?

After that we decide to go to Farmatodo (as nothing else is open) and look around. As we're getting out of the car I tell Calabria that "we're not buying anything, we're just... erm..." I couldn't come up with the word (window shopping). So what do I do? "... leche vitrine." That's about as bad as it gets. Me needing to speak French to finish a conversation. So I ask him what that was called in English... the best he could come up with was "window licking." Yep, they better pay us for that work.

We didn't lick any windows, however, as Calabria ended up buying a Special Special Edition chocolate. That's right, a Special Special Edition. That is, once upon a time there was this regular chocolate, and someone decided to make a special edition of that regular chocolate. That wasn't enough, though, so they came up with a special edition of that special edition. That must've been the crappiest chocolate ever...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

screw you! bastard, you should've called me. i was around reda at that time. bastard.... the worst part is that i give you a shitload of material for the blog, and this is how you thank me??

ah, you'll see the famiglia now...

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now u know how i feel volo

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home