The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Driving

So I was out with my cousin today. I can say that lots of things happened, which is good for the blog. I actually had a good time, making fun of everything that happened. So I'll stop this crappy introduction and just start, but there's one thing you should know: my cousin is learning how to drive.

We're on our way to my cousin's house--my mom and I on the back seat, the driver on the co-pilot's seat and my cousin driving--and my cousin, learning how to drive, kept making loads of mistakes, not to mention driving at 10 mph. I could've walked faster than that car. Anyway, she kept turning around to see if there were cars behind her. That's right, she TURNED AROUND instead of looking in the mirrors. So the driver tells her "hey, use the mirrors, that's what they're there for" and my cousin said "but it's that I can't see well through this one *points at near mirror* or that one *points at far mirror*... and well, this one neither *points at middle viewer*" so the driver immediately hit back "well, that's fine, don't use any mirrors. next time, just get out of the car, see if there's anyone behind you, get back in, and then turn." I can see her doing that next time.

So later on we're out again, this time my cousin, my aunt and myself. We're off to have an ice cream at the 4D and my cousin is telling us how she crashed in the US (doesn't exactly inspire confidence when the driver's telling you that she crashed in the US... if you crash in the US you will most certainly crash here in Venezuela), and she started heating up until the punchline "and then they were going to suicide me...!" That's right, they were going to suicide her. That's even worse than Ercole's "I'm going to suicide myself." It's so out there that I can't even come up with a funny thing for it, it's that illogical.

Later on during that same trip, the mirror situation came up again. This time she said that "she didn't like using them because the cars looked very close." My aunt cleared it up for her "well, that's because they are close!" Didn't think of that, did she?

Here's something I noticed. I've noticed this before, but today I actually wrote it down so I remembered to mention it. Have you noticed how sometimes cars keep moving forward bit by bit when the light is red? It's like they're waiting on a minute to just speed through. The thing is, that they move forward so much that by the time the light changes to green they're almost half way across the street. Beats the purpose of traffic lights, doesn't it? So Venezolano...

On a closing note, I'd like to tell you a story of when I was in the US some years back. I was about 10 years old, and I had had something not so good to eat, so my stomach was misbehaving. It was Christmas day, actually, and we had just gotten our presents. My cousin got this teddy bear specially made to sleep with. We were only kids, so we were sharing the bed, and then after opening presents and roaming around, we went to bed. So I go on this magnificent journey that is my dream and I'm suddenly woken up by screams. Why? Well, on my sleep I happened to puke on my cousin's brand new bear. Right on it. LOL. It was cleaned up and washed and everything, but she would never again hold that bear.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you puke WHILE sleeping!?!?

and hey, i didn't say "I'm going to suicide myself," I was saying if "XX suicides himself." Different! I'm not suicidal!

about the mirrors.. uhm.. you do realize that the mirrors actually say "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear." So your cousin was WAY off. Maybe I can lend her my glasses

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home