The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Untitled

So I'm not sure what this entry will be about. I'm tired--exhausted to be precise--yet I'm here reading about this guy refuting some classicist theorist. Could it get any worse? Yes, indeed. I'm reading it off the computer (pdf) because it was given to us via the electronic teaching thing, so that mean... that's right... internet! I seriously don't know how I'll survive working in the IT industry... for the past three days (well, excluding yesterday... read on for information on "yesterday") I've been sitting in front of the computer, determined to work, and end up chatting or reading some news or doing something that I shouldn't have been doing. Damn distractions.

Today has been a rough day, too much linux. The bloody thing is driving me insane, even if I'm about to finish it. I'm even obsessing about it. It's all I'm talking about now, and, even dreaming about it. I took a nap this afternoon (at 5 when my lectures were done) and I only managed two hours of sleep (I was looking for something like 4, seeing I'll be up until late today reading the useless report) because I kept on dreaming about different ways to make my scripts more efficient! Now that is obsessing about something. Not even Little gave me this much trouble. Damn you, UNIX, damn you...!

Anyway, yesterday I went out with my flatmate. Neither of us had any money (the term is "skint") but we figured we could pull it off. We went to this bar/cafe/club and well, we had a pretty good time. The music was shit as you'd expect (gasolina came on... I felt like throwing myself out the window... I did have the opportunity, but it wasn't high enough to kill me, so I decided against it), but we got free drinks. We each got three beers and an alcopop (like a Breeze Ice but a different brand). Not bad... and meanwhile we played pool, and the bastard beat me because I pocketed the damn 8 ball when I wasn't supposed to. Good time, anyway... I'd tell you how we managed to get free drink in England, but I'm not daft enough to do it. Plus, if they happen to be reading this (I really doubt it, but you never know) then they might fix the loophole and where would that leave us skint bastards?

Weather watch: I'm not sure... sun in the morning (shock!) with a pretty warm temperature (say 12?), but then light rain and lots of fog in the afternoon (sock! (sarcastic this time)) but then traces of sun in the late afternoon... average of 11 degrees, I'd say.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"not even little gave me so much trouble" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home