The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

X and Y

I would just like to say something about my previous post. I didn't hit the blind guy on purpose, I ran into him. As hard as that's to believe, that's actually what happened. But remember, I'm partially blind too... and colour blind... but yeah, it wasn't the best of things. And I'll say it once again: I didn't do it on purpose, I'm not that bastard...

So today has been sort of a mixed day. I've got a cold (Fresher's Flu, apparently) and I got drunk last night (I know how stupid that is... I've been preaching about it for weeks, but Mondays are my nights, I don't stay sober on Mondays) and because of that I was late to my first lecture (I woke up at 10 sharp and managed to make it into the lecture room, sitting down and all, in 7 mins... applause please). Then I went on to be late to my second lecture (right after the first) because I went to to wrong building (my bloodstream still had alcohol, I guess) and as if to cap it up, it's been a shit day, raining constantly and brutally cold. So right now I'm feeling awful and looking like shit (in the words of my flatmate).

But there's good news. I told you earlier that I might've found my new Psychology class... well, I might've found a new Tiny but in a different sense. My Computer Environments (CE) professor is crazy as fuck. He's Dutch (therefore my mates and I call him "the Dutch Guy") and his English isn't what we'd call the best. So he says a lot of unusual things (hooray!). He's a bit eccentric too, so that just made my year. I'm going to have loads things to write on the blog, I hope!

Anyway, we have three weeks coming up of a Linux tutorial for CE. So what exactly does that mean? Well, this bloke in class asked the Dutch Guy (proper name, you see) what the Linux tutorial was all about, and his response was "Linux is an OS... like Windows..." and we were all like "wtf's that supposed to mean!?" we looked at each other and we started to laugh silently (well, relatively silently). Right now that's the phrase.

Also, we were learning about the history of computing, and he tells us that we're going to have a guest talk to us about the history of computing in another class next week (the guy's apparently 80ish, so he was there). He stresses that it'll be a very good lecture, and that we should really go. Seriously, it's imperative that we go because we might never again get such a historical overview... so he tells us to make sure we know when it's taking place next week because we better go, such a good lecture. And then there's a pause. "or maybe it's this week..." he says.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol! what a fucker... or should i say Fucker?

Hey, you can't beat my math professor...

while lecturing, a student asked if a really wacky equation would be in the test, and the professor answered.... drum rolls, please

"no, that would be perverted"

he confused pervert with perverse. fuck.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home