The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, October 07, 2005

Let There Be Rock!!!

So today I got myself a speaker system (I wonder what I'll get tomorrow... a DVD player?). I actually saw them about four days ago, but I didn't buy them because... well, I'm on a low budget, but also because they looked sort of crappy. I went out with my flatmate and I showed them to him, and then I decided I should get them (my ears were killing me from those bloody in-ear earphones) as that way I'd be able to play my music out loud and avoid having to listen to whatever the other people in the building were playing (sometimes it's up to three different songs all at once).

They cost me the grand total of £15 (which is nothing, compared to the systems that I saw priced at 100+ quid). I figured if they'd be crappy but good enough for my use (my room is tiny, so it doesn't take much to make sound go around... I bet if I turned my iPod's volume up to the max I could hear the music almost perfectly through my earphones without having them on) but then once I set them up they turned out to be very damn good. So good that my flatmate now wants to buy himself the same ones.

Now I get to play my music very loud and make everyone else in the flat listen to it. I take requests from time to time, so it's not that bad. But the bass is amazing, perhaps my best buy since I've been in the UK (it's a competition between this and the mobile).

I can't wait until that Spaniard plays Reggaeton again (oh, yeah, there's a Spaniard on the flat above mine that played Reggaeton on her birthday... sad day for humanity, that was) so that I can shut her up with some good ol' rock n' roll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home