The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, March 24, 2006

People Are Strange

So today I'm free. That's right, I'm FREE! I don't have to attend uni until four weeks from today, which is a very welcome break. Although I only had one lecture today (and a seminar to which I went to but left as soon as I saw that nobody was there... didn't want to be the only one there as I didn't know what we were supposed to be discussing), I couldn't quite start my "vacation" early as I had some work to do for that day... yep, thanks a lot, procrastination!

Anyway, it has been a very eventful day. Ryan and I decided that we should go out as today was the end of term. It would've been unstudentlike to stay in. So well, we go out quite late and our plan is to go to the Percy for a few drinks and then head to Legends (much like last time during St. Patrick's). However, we're both hungry so we decide to skip the Percy and look for some food. Ideally we'd eat at the Gallogate Flame, which offers very good food at a very reasonable price. I'm not sure where it is, though, I ran into it once but I wasn't paying attention where we were walking. So we head down towards Central Station but then I realise that we're going the wrong way, as the Gallowgate Flame's close to St. James' Park. So we turn around and start walking in the other direction and the first thing that we see when we turn around is the Gallowgate Flame! So I might've not know exactly where it was... but hey, we found it!

We head to Legends after eating, and upon arrival we're asked for the 2 pounds entry fee. I had anticipated this before going out and had collected the 2 quid on change. So when I approach the girl, I hand over a bunch of coins. "You're joking?" she says and then laughs. So she goes through the process of counting it all, but then she tells me that I'm missing ten pence. Although I'm almost sure that it's all complete (I double checked before going out) I don't want to argue with her, and there are people on the queue, so I take out two one pound coins and hand them to her. She laughs and says "you had those all along!? Just move on!" and keeps laughing silently. Very nice girl, I must say.

Once we're in, we decide to get some drinks. We usually go to the bar on the far side as it's usually less busy (because other people can't be bothered going to that one unless they're over there). We get our pints and then it's time to start exploring the place (you know, to check out if there are any chairs, people we know, etc). The first thing we noticed was that there was a fucking rave going on in the sideroom. That was kickass. We stayed there for about a minute appreciating the beauty of it and we even thought about staying and... erm... "experiencing" it, we decided we better move on to the main room.

We found these very nice seats in a corner of the club, and we decided to sit there for a while. It was quite close to the rave thing, so every time the song changed, you could hear the music from the rave. Amusing. Must go to a rave sometime before the end of my uni years. After a while of sitting, we agreed to just call it a chill night (that's right, at a club) and we stayed (for the most part) in our comfortable seats watching all the action in the dancefloor and around. That action included a pair of lesbians that kept hugging and kissing each other... and touching each other! That was definitely the highlight of my night. Mmmm... just thinking of it makes me... hmmm. Anyway... I also saw a bloke that looked just like Robert Plant in his Led Zeppelin days. I thought about going up and asking him for an autograph, but I figured I'd probably get a punch out of it instead of an autograph so I didn't do it in the end.

So here's where the strange bit happens. Ryan and I are just there, drinking and singing and fucking about, and this girl just comes over and sits on our table. We both look at her with confused looks, and she just says "I'm going around from table to table" and then gives this explanation of how she's with a friend but she doesn't know where he is and yada yada yada she touches my hair. Just like that. Without a warning. I just look at her, and then she tells me that i have great hair. I accept the compliment, but I'm still stunned and a bit annoyed. Although hundreds of people have touched my hair, a complete stranger has never done so, or at least not in that manner. I wasn't being too friendly anyway, I wasn't in my most sociable mood--I just wanted to chill--and she kept on going on and on about some stuff I couldn't even hear due to the loud music. So once seeing that I wasn't very friendly, she moved across to Ryan's side. And that's when everything went tits up.

I'm not too sure what was going on--all I could see what that she kept on talking to Ryan and laughing and whatever. I didn't pay much attention, I just listened to the music and looked at the girls (and the lezbos) and shit, but then I was forced to pay attention when a bunch of guys started coming to our table... all because of the girl. And I must say, she wasn't the most attractive of girls... not even in the top 100 that I've seen here in the UK. We had 5 different guys come over (and sit down, much to our disbelief) all apparently hitting on the girl. At one point Ryan was putting his arm around her, which is a shock as he's always been very faithful to his girlfriend back in Manchester.

The girl leaves to go to the loo, and just as she does the music stops and the light come on. They're kicking us out. Ryan just tells me to hurry up and I follow him. He practically runs up the stairs and then starts walking fast outside the club. When I ask what's up, he tells me that the girl was hitting on him and he didn't know how to tell her to go away. Nothing new there.. but then he tells me that she was rubbing his leg under the table. Well, that's something I didn't know. She asked for his number as well, and he gave her a wrong number. This was to not make her feel bad (you know, by not giving her a number) but then I tell him that she'll feel even worse when she tries to call him tomorrow and finds out that it's some girl's number and not his. Meh, whatever.

It makes me wonder, though, why strangers keep approaching me. Always when I go out a stranger ends up intruding. Ryan says that it never happens to him when he's on his own, and it always happens to me when I'm on my own and usually when I'm with Ryan (or somebody else)... so I'm guessing it's my curse. And why? It's not like I'm the nicest guy around--and in fact, I make it clear that I'm not open for conversation yet they keep insisting. Friendly people, eh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, they're hitting on you!!! do i have to set up landing lights too!?

flirt back, get the hang of it... remember, flirting back doesn't mean that you have to make out with her or something.. just to have a good time. dude, do it even if you don't want anything... you never, she might be the daughter of some Lord

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home