The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Monday, April 03, 2006

In and out

So I said I would post if I went out. I did go out, I just couldn't be arsed posting. BTW, Erc, do you check this thing every day? Those were quick responses, I was really surprised. Cheers bro.

It was an interesting everning--yeah, I think we could say that. I did shave and I have to say that I look much younger without all the facial hair. I mean, really. A fucking baby. I was sad to shave it all off, all my hard work down the drain. It was nice to see it piling up, though. It hurt. Not emotionally--as you're probably thinking--but physically as well. I had let my chiva grow a bit too long (I had kept it nice and trimmed for quite a while) and when I shaved that part, the razor would sometimes catch the tip of it and drag it on, pulling the hair off instead of shaving it. Dumbass razor. I'm sueing.

Anyway, to the interesting part. I dressed up quite well (perhaps the best I've dressed this calendar year?) just to see what happened. So I was quick out of my flat so that I could make it there on time. I have to say, though, I was quite worried about walking alone. I even left my Venezuelan ID and my credit card at home, just in case. Yep, I'm a wuzz. Anyway, the university side of town was deserted. I can say that the most people I ever walked along with was 2. However, once I made it to the other side of town it was filled up. Yay.

I got there and made the queue, and the next thing I know is that there's a group of girls behind me. They start talking to me, and I just smile back and ocassionally talk back. Why? Well, first of all, they're quite drunk, you can tell, and one of them is a bit aggressive. Also, it does seem to me that they're a bit older than me, and this thought is confirmed when I hear one of them tell the other (tell, not even whisper) "aww, he's cute." Surely can't be talking about me... so I turn around and they're all looking at me. I don't know what to do, so I smile at them and they smile back. There's one, though, that's giving me the eye, and she just keeps staring at me nonstop. That's a bit disturbing. There's one I quite fancy and I wouldn't mind going for. But then they start talking about their underaged years and whatever, and that one happens to mention that she's 30 odd. Hmmm, that puts me off... So yeah, I make up my mind and decide to just let it be and enjoy my night out.

When paying the entry fee, it hits me that I haven't brought my passport with me. And I shaved! I'm surely going to be asked for ID--and when they do I'm fucked. The woman indeed asks for ID, but I try to fuck with her mind. I had over my Rock Society card for the discount (no clue why they give discounts for this club as it has nothing to do with rock... but hey, I don't complain) and give her a 5 pound note. She says something, most likely asking for my ID and my student card (you need your student card in order to use your RockSoc card, which is why I gave her that card first, because I knew she was going to ask for my student card... read on) so I had over my student card. Then she says something again (asking for ID again) and I just shrug and point at the RockSoc card and then the student card. She's about to ask again, but I hold up two fingers (signalising that it's two pounds with the discounts) and she just gives up. She nods and give me back my cards and the change. That was close... but well played, methinks.

It wasn't that simple to stay away from the girls (or women). The one that was giving me the eye earlier was stalking me! Either that or we happened to be in the same place at the same time for much of the night. And it was a pretty big place! Fucking hell, after some time I decided to go for a piss and to check out "side room." They were playing techno(ish) music there (more like dance(ish) music, but also techno(ish)... what the hell, you understand) and well, I thought I might stay there for a while. I hadn't heard techno in quite a long time, so I thought it'd be nice to remember the old times. Plus, there were some very fit girls there (especially a punk girl... I have no clue what she was doing there, seeing she'd be more appropriate for the Indie (main) room, but hey, whatever) so yeah, I grab a drink and hang around, looking for bait.

Let me tell you something: it's not that easy. As hard as I tried to find a single attractive girl (and believe me, I was keeping my standards way lower than usual... and I usually don't have high standards) they were all taken. I usually observed a girl for at least 10 minutes, which turned out to be a good strategy because a guy she knew usually arrived during that timeframe and they started making out or left or danced or whatever.

The music was quite good, actually. It's nice to hear some techno(ish) stuff once in a while. The reason why I say "techno(ish)" is because it wasn't all strictly techno, but it had similar beats and a similar effects. For example, a Rolling Stones song came on. That hardly classifies as techno, but it fit in well with the others because of the rhythm structure. Yeah, yeah.

Anyway, I spent most of the night lurking around and at the end making faces with this girl across depending on the song (a lot of which I didn't know because, well, technoish music isn't my forte, but she didn't know that) until I finally left. A pretty odd night. One thing's for sure, though: lager sucks!

So, the question is: should've I stayed with the crazy woman and just fucked about, or was it a good idea to fuck off and try to find something else? Eh. Have your vote on the comments.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmie is the pimp!! Well, if they werent that wasted and could have a decent conversation you should of said, hey i'm james, how you doing and met the women and my vote obviously is with just fucked about!!!! you don't get so many chances man

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought you liked older women, dude.... what happened???

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home