The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Sunday, April 16, 2006

King Jeremy the wicked

So today I was just surfing the web, and I happened to come across this article (or post... still not sure... but more like post, I think) that said that Eddie Vedder (frontman for Pearl Jam) had been on the radio and whatever. It had a link to the audio and I thought I'd have a listen, just to see what he has to say about the new album and all.

I immediately find out that I have to listen to the whole radio show in order to listen the few minutes Vedder's there. Oh, well, I guess I could do that, it's not like I have better things to do. It turns out this is a Seattle radio station, and one of the radio guys is from Boston. And whatever, they all take the piss out of each other, and there comes a time when they start to discuss the Tiger interview where he uses the word "spaz" (remember I wrote about that? Read it here).

So they go on about how it doesn't mean anything there in the U.S. and how one of the guys there (in the radio show) calls his kids spaz's if they are bothering too much. Then the Boston guy kicks in: "I guess it's similar to 'retarded' in Boston. Many people in the U.S. find it rude and inappropriate, but back at home we used to use it all the time. 'What are you reta'ded!?', 'don't be so reta'ded!'... all the time. And when you really wanted to a punch with it, we'd use 'you are wicked reta'ded!'." LOL. Good old Briggs, I couldn't help but remember the guy. He never used "wicked reta'ded", though, but I can just see him saying it.

In other news, I came online a few days ago just to mess around, and I happened to see my cousin online (that cousin... yes, her). Her nickname read "Soy feliz otra vez!" which I found very misleading. I came so close (I even typed it up in the window, but then didn't send it) to saying "feliz otra vez? cuando antes eras tu feliz?" which comes across as a very nasty thing to say... but am I wrong? Fuck no, I'm right this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home