The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Some Kind of Monster

So today I received a pleasant surprise. It turns out that James has some stuff to do up here in Newcastle, so he's coming up for a week! I haven't properly spoken with anyone since all my mates left, so I'm quite excited about this. I offer to pick him up at the airport (well, more like meet him there as I don't have a car... or a license...). Getting to the airport is quite easy--take the metro from the metro station right in front of the uni. Plus, I really didn't have anything to do. And well, I was hoping this guy would come up and tell me that he had a ticket to somewhere (anywhere!) that he couldn't use and if I wanted it... well, seeing it's my fantasy, make it a fit girl telling me that she has no one to go with to a very exotic place, and she'd like me to go with her. Yep, definitely better. I was really hoping for that, as daft as it sounds. I took my passport with me... damn, I'm sad.

Anyway, I made it quite early to the airport... about an hour early. I had the jPod, thankfully, so I just listened to music that I hadn't had the chance to listen to before. However, there comes a time when you're just desperate for the person to arrive--the whole airport business and sitting around waiting just gets to you. I was even betting with myself which plane would arrive first and which one would be delayed and stuff, which reminded me of this Seinfeld episode where Kramer does the same thing, except he's betting with this man at the airport. I understand now... you've just got to keep yourself sane (by betting with yourself... LOL). In the end, three planes (scheduled to land 45 minutes apart) landed within 2 minutes of each other. Yep, it was a frenzy in there. And, of course, I lost all my bets.

Well, that's that. I just thought I'd post this because his arrival means that I'll be going out more, which means that more stuff will be happening to me. Yep, I might fall into a hole, who knows? Well, I'm off to watch the baseball then (yes, baseball here in the UK! at 2am, though...).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

loooooooooooooooooool

dude, i showed that to one of my friends... sad, but so good... at least you have good hopes

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home