The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hibbot

So today was my sporting day, as previously posted. Three football matches, the golf Masters and some good old baseball. Damn, I was exhausted. But it was good.

Just two things to mention, though. The first thing that happened when I left my flat today (and I mean just as I left my front door) was that a black cat ran in front of me. Hmm, I didn't know if I should be superstitious and go back in my flat and stay there for the rest of the day or if I should just ignore it and keep on with my planned day. It took me about a fourth of a second and I just stuck to the plan.

It seemed as though I should've stayed at home later on, though, when Chelski came back from one goal down (and with one man sent off) to score four goals against West Ham and win an improbably match. Then Liverpool beat Bolton even though Bolton had been the much better and most dangerous team. Up next was Man Utd vs. Arsenal and I sort of had a clue of what was going to happen. But, much to my surprise, it turned out to be one of the best football matches I've watched in a very long time. Very exciting, very quick... a lot of tension. Great football. Oh, and I know I don't even have to say this, but Rooney's a fucking genius! Man Utd win 2-0 with a magnificent goal from Rooney and a magnificent assist from Rooney.

One thing, though. While I was in the pub, I witnessed this mother giving her daughter (say, about 21 years of age.. maybe a bit more) a fag. I had seen this before quite a while ago, and I think it's one of the most bizarre things ever. If I were a smoker and I had a daughter (or a son, whatever), I would most definitely not be sharing my fags with her/him. Not because I'm stingy, but because I'd be ashamed of myself... and because I wouldn't want my daughter/son to have that awful habit. But well, I guess that's just me.

I've got an update on our friend Calabira. He's been busy at work building a tower with only toothpics. I've got a photo on his progress. I've also got a photo of a 2.5 metre arch he made with just straws (ONLY straws.. no glue or anything). Enjoy Calabria's skills!



























Toothpic tower! 2.5 metre arc!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf calabria??? plz tell me it was for credit... i'm gonna hit you if that was out of boredom

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home