The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

From bad to worse

So, quite an interesting day because of no good reason. Just because... well, I messed up and I fucked up. Although, one of them is not my fault, I think.

So I set my alarm clock at ten in the morning. The reason for waking up at this extravagantly early time was because I had to run some errands, and I thought I'd do today as I keep putting them off and I barely have any time now. So well, my alarm clock goes off, and I snooze it for a total of ten minutes (after that I felt guilty, so I just woke up.

I turn on my computer in order to check my email (always do that), some selected news and, of course, the temperature. While I'm at it, I happen to stray my sight onto my computer's clock (you know, the one in the tray on the bottom right) and I see it's almost three in the afternoon. No fucking way... I couldn't have spent that much time on the computer, absolutely impossible. I look back at my alarm clock and it reveals it's half eleven. Interesting. I check my mobile for the time (you know, to see what time it really is) and it says it's almost two in the afternoon. That's three different times! Fucking impossible! I decide to check on the jPod next, just to see if it's possible to have four different times, and ineed, it's quarter to four! What in the hell is going on here? Am I having a mental breakdown? Possible... way too possible, actually, but still, I have to check one more source to make sure (and to know what time it is--I still don't know!).

I look for my watch and after I finally find it under a bunch of papers it reveals that it's three. Okay... so I guess that's the "real" time, two sources that finally agree. Oliver happens to not be outside for the first time since he arrived, and it's a shame really because as much as I want him not to be there I'd really like to know what time it is. But hey, I'll settle for three. But that's really bad news, as it means I pretty much slept the whole morning and now can't do anything I had to do. Great. Oh, well, definitely tomorrow... better tomorrow, else...!

I do have to take a shower, though, the night hasn't been good for me and I'm all sweaty, so I go and well... take a shower. On my way out (of the shower, not the bathroom) I keep on bumping into my soap's holder thing (a plastic thing that holds the soap) and it keeps falling to ground. It's really pissing me off. When I'm drying myself it falls again, so I just stamp on it once out of frustration. Then stamp on it harder. At this point, I know something bad is gonna happen, because nothing good can come out of doing something so stupid. But my frustration takes over (too much Footy Manager, yes) and I keep on stamping it--everytime harder. By the fourth, I hear a split and feel a sharp pain on my foot. No surprise. I finally leave it alone (I wasn't going to keep stamping with an injury... I'm not that stupid... plus, my guess is that I think that I wanted to get hurt subconciously... only way to explain it. I knew I was going to get hurt if I kept doing it, yet I still did it).

So I finish drying myself and decide to take a look at the foot. There's a pretty nasty cut, actually. I wasn't expecting that. I was expecting a scratch at the most, but it seems I caught it in the wrong place. Damn, this won't be good. But whatever, nothing major.

Hey, turns out that wound hurts more than you'd think. So much I actually have to limp everywhere now (which is why I didn't leave the flat all day long). Not exactly the best case scenario, as I have to walk around Newcastle tomorrow to get all those errands done! Ah, it's just my luck... and stupidity.

Later on I decide I'm going to make one of my famous bacon-sausage sandwiches with cheese (only that without the bacon and the cheese... I ran out!) so I limp my way to the kitchen to get my mobile (that's its new place... since I'm always using the countdown for cooking purposes, I just leave it there as I use it more as a timer than as a phone) and I happen to look at the time. Different from all the others! Fuck me! I don't know how I managed to get four totally different times in five total sources... that's perhaps the most bizarre thing that's happened to me in a long time. And when did all this happen? What if it's been going on for a long time? This could be bad...

I can explain the difference between the mobile and the watch. Daylight Savings. It's only an hour difference (exactly), so I must've forgotten to change it. The jPod... well, I'm not too sure, could also be daylight savings, but there has to be something else as well... the minutes were also off by quite a bit. And my alarm clock... no fucking clue! How it got so behind is beyond me. It's not the battery because I've been keeping a close eye on it for the whole day and it's been consistent. No idea how it happened, but that might explain some things this Easter...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is fucking hilarious.... i'm going to email it to myself for future reference. it's that fucking good

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home