The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Simbabhue

I'm only 19, but I feel 40 years old. Okay, maybe not 40, but I do feel much older than 19 physically. I always have, actually, especially when playing sports (anybody say injury prone?). I had stopped feeling that way since I arrived here, but then that's because I haven't properly exercised since the end of school.

I was bumming around, and I noticed that I have a belly. As in a proper belly, filled with fat. How the hell did that happen! I thought I had been losing weight, but as it turns out it has all been going down there. So maybe it's not as noticeable as Mr. Bedlow's, but still... I used to be flat and with a four pack (don't ask how that happened... it just used to be there) and now I have a blob. Not good for my self-esteem. So I decided I'd do some working out during this Easter break. So well, I proposed myself to do 50 sit-ups every day, just to get rid of all that flappy stuff.

I could tell right away that I was way out of shape. I barely got through 20 before I was hoping for death. That's perhaps the saddest thing that's happened to me this year... I used to be able to do sixty odd situps in a minute back in school (I think once I did 67 or around there) and now I can't get through 50 in unlimited time. I'm getting old.

Things have gotten better, though. Now, after a few days of situps, I can "easily" do my daily 50. However, my stomach area is kind of tender... and perhaps the reason why I can get through those 50 without any pain is because it's numb and I can't feel it. Either way, I'm making progress and hopefully I would've gotten rid of that stuff around my waist.

In other news. James left today to go back home. That means I'm all alone again. I was about to go down with him but since he was flying then it would've been a huge mess, not to mention expensive. Plus, this weekend is good for sport... it's the golf Masters (and it's on the BBC, so I'll be able to watch it all whilst sitting on the couch drinking beer) this weekend (technically from Thursday to Sunday, but the weekend is what really matters). And Sunday will be a complete sporting day, as I'll head to the pub at 12 to watch Chelski play West Ham, to be followed by Bolton vs. Liverpool and then that game will be followed by Man Utd. vs. Arsenal. Once that's done I can make my way back to the flat and watch the final round of the Masters, and once that's finished the baseball starts. So yeah, busy weekend coming up. After that I'm free to go down south and enjoy the... erm... southeners.

Nothing more to tell, really. James and I didn't go out because he had to do his thing from 5pm to 10pm, so that pretty much killed the plans for going out at night, so we just hung around the flat watching Seinfeld and the Alien Quadrilogy... and Donnie Darko (if you haven't watched it then you must!).

Oh, well, I'll keep you posted if anything exciting occurs. And well, if nothing does happen then I might just make something up.



So, did you notice that this is the first-ever post in the Black Star that doesn't start with "So"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home