The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Train of consequences

So...

...well, I decided I was going to do something good today. I didn't want to work, so the only option I had left was the get my vaccines. I'm fucking scared of needles, as you know (which I see as a good thing because that means heroine is way out of the question), so I have to build up my courage. But this is coming from the guy that was afraid to walk through the lonely streets of South Shields. But hey, I manage to convince myself and I take a shower, get ready and then start to make myself breakfast. I'm watching the news on the telly because... not sure why, I just was, and it happens to be the Queen's 80th birthday. Well, done! Happy birthday! Anyway, they break from the whole celebration thing, and in comes this report. What's the first thing that I see? This nurse sticking this fucking huge needle into this small girl. That destroyed my courage.

I was determined to make it work, though, so I built up my "courage" again, and then went out. I see the time and it's quarter past twelve. Shit. The Student Unit closes at half twelve, so I best hurry. I happened to make it on time by a couple of minutes. Just one thing before I go on, though. Old people walk so. Like really slow. Fucking hell... just trying to go around them took a minute off my time! I know it's common sense, but it's fucking unbelieveable how slow a human being is able to walk!

So well, I make it upstairs to the reception of the Unit, and it turns out that the Unit has been closed for all of the Easter vacation, and of course doesn't open until the beginning of term... so yeah, rushed for no reason and, most importantly, built up my courage for no reason. Now I'll have to go through that whole process again sometime soon...

By the way, I thought I'd post some pictures of Ercole's squirrels. That's right, he wasn't joking when he said he had a nest of squirrels right outside his window. Although this only proves that there are squirrels in UPenn, I'll take his word for it that they're outside his window. Anyway, enjoy!


Thanks to Erc for sending in the photo.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh! more pictures now in your inbox....

damn squirrels

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home