The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Set the Sights

So I have to start with some Chris Holt stuff. As we all know, he's quite a peculiar (and blind) man... not to mention strange and peculiar. And strange. Anyway, the point is that he was "showing" us how O-O programming worked on PHP and he mentioned that the fields should be private just like in Java. And then all of a sudden, very calmly he added "don't touch my privates"... we had no idea what to do then. It was perhaps one of the most bizarre moments in my uni year(s). After a few second people couldn't hold it in any longer so they started to smile, and then laugh quietly and then eventually the room just erupted in laughter. He didn't seem to notice, much to no-one's surprise.

Later on he was going over CakePHP (why is it called "cake"? nobody knows... it's retarded) and he was telling us how we could build our own blogs simply with CakePHP (oh, and have you noticed that in the new Firefox with the spell checker the word "blog" isn't a genuine word? I find that funny as the spell checker was designed mostly for bloggers...). He then hit back with how we should be careful because it was easy for hackers to get in and take control of your blog... and do nasty things (yes, like with Blogger!). And my first thought was: "yeah, do something nasty to your privates!"

In other news, the three of us flatmates were on our way to Tesco to check out TVs. I see this billboard advertising Cadbury. I don't remember exactly what the name of the chocolate was, but it reminded me of cuddling. And cuddling reminded me of Tiny (because of his blog entry). So I ask Jimmy "do you get a fuzzy feeling in your heart when you think of cuddling?" (and if you've read Tiny's blog then you know exactly what I'm getting at... if you haven't then I'll explain at the end). Before Jimmy got a chance to answer Vadim quite confused asks "why would you get a feeling for chocolate?" and for some reason we just broke down in laughter. No, we weren't drunk (we can't drink and drive here like we do in Vzla) but you had to be there to fully understand. It was the way he said it. And okay, the explanation for the cuddling thing... actually, just as Guillermo to explain that... I don't think he'd want everyone to know. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home