The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Saturday, October 29, 2005

In-room

So today is another glorious day. Why? Because as of today I won't have to leave my room at all (for the exception of lectures). How's that, you say. Well, I've finally been granted a mini fridge, so now I can keep all my... erm, food... in my room. Not that my flatmates steal too much from me, just the odd bread, cereal, milk, bacon... you get the point. But that's the end of it. Having said that, the only thing that they don't steal--the only sacred thing--is the beer. It's heavily condemned if you take someone else's beer. But if you take their milk and leave them without breakfast it's okay.

Today I also got a computer in my room. Mind, it's hardly the best one in the market (in fact, it runs Windows 95... yes, it still exists), but I was able to connect it to the network. How? Through a lot of work and suffering. The network doesn't support Windows 95, yet, I managed to connect to--and use--it. That's where I'm writing this entry from. And yes, it is 6:45 in the morning... and no, I didn't just wake up. I started configuring the computer at around 1 in the morning... just finished. Damn. Lots of credit to my flatmate who was a great help with supplying information via the net. And also for his support (and occasional cruel jokes about my machine). Also lots of credit to my other flatmate who supplied the computer. So what was the first thing that I downloaed when the internet started to work? Firefox, that's right. It was either running a slow Firefox or a crappy (and I mean crappy, I'm not just saying it because I'm against IE) IE 4.

Anyway, I won't go into too much detail as I'm exhaused... but happy. I look forward to spending most of my future nights stuck here in the computer surfing the web... it's Valencia all over again... fuck me!

Weather watch: Another beautiful day... temperature around 16-17 degrees and lots of sunshine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when are you going to start working for a private company?

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home