The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Monday, January 30, 2006

Insomniacs

So the end of the week has come and with it the end of my week off. I had planned great things for this week, yet none of them materialized and what ended up happening was me playing loads of Football Manager and reacquiring my insomnia. Good stuff, eh?

So yeah, I played loads and loads of Football Manager. I was guiding Newcastle, and I actually made them into a very good club, even if I didn't win anything with them. But I ended 4th and 2nd in the league and got the the finals of both cups on the two seasons. I also did a decent job in the Champions League. But I didn't get to win anything, which really bothered me. However, I was appointed England manger even though England won the World Cup two years earlier. That really bolstered my reputation.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that Football Manager brought my flatmates and I together more. How's that? Well, for the exception of two (one of them being the Irish guy who's always away with his girlfriend and the other being the one I've always gotten well along with) we were all addicted to FM. What did we talk about all the time? FM. What did we yell at all the time? FM. Yeah, good times. It was incredible how we'd all just start talking about our games and we'd all get so emotional... oh, what footy can do for you!

I also developed my insomnia even more, going to bed at 6am every day and waking up at 5pm. This meant that I didn't see daylight for most of the week. Seeing the Sun rises at around 8:30ish and it goes away at around 4:30ish I didn't see daylight for four consecutive days, and 7 days overall (I did have a funny sleeping pattern during my finals week aswell).

So well, that's why I'm writing at this time, I can't go to bed because my insomnia is at it's peak. I've been taming it for the past two days, but I guess I didn't do enough. And I've only got FM to blame. I've got to wake up tomorrow at around 8 because I've got a lecture at 9... I'm guessing I'll just stay awake? Dangerous. Did that on the day I had both of my finals and I did fall asleep for a few seconds during my Marketing exam. Yes, yes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home