The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Ex-Girlfriend

So I was watching Seinfeld earlier today (surprised?) and I came upon an episode that just cracked me up (more than the others). The title is in the title.

So in this episode, George wants to break up with his girlfriend, and he eventually does after putting his act together. But he forgets some books at her place, so he asks Jerry to get them for him (although, as Jerry says, what's the point if you've already read them? Did you know that the second time you read Moby Dick the dude and the whale become good friends?). He goes out for coffee with the ex-girlfriend to get the books, and he notices that she's very pretty, but she will just go on and on and on and on, never give you a break to stop the conversation, and the conversations will generally be about nothing important. There's a point when Jerry starts falling for the ex-girlfriend, and he has to tell George... when he does, George simply tells him to go ahead and knock himself out. Jerry is stunned at George's lack of... whatever it is, but well, whatever, nevermind.

This episode is very similar to a real-life experience we've had (and it's vague on purpose... but if you're involved you'll know exactly what I'm talking about). For the exception of Jerry falling for George's ex, it perhaps is a perfect representation of a real-life experience. And, actually, the title of ex-girlfriend also goes really well! Can't believe Seinfeld ripped us off!

And well, for the rest of you who have no clue what I'm talking about, I'm feeling a bit better today, although yesterday I was arguably in a better state as I wasn't hallucinating. My nose just keeps running like a fucking tap. Oh, and I've found out that every once in a while I'm gonna eat cheese right before going to bed, just because I get these very strange "dreams"... it's almost like LSD! And it's much cheaper! Yep, pizza every Wednesday!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i ignored the email... my friends definitely caught me reading that in one of my classes and it was quite embarrassing...

dude, are you supposed to be seinfeld and me george??? i think i got it... and you should've gone for it or.. ehm.. her

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home