The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Stone Free

So I woke up this morning at 7. For no particular reason, really, as my earliest lecture was at 11. I had gone to bed at 8pm the day before (I'm proud of myself for making it until 8 without a 6 hour nap) so I guess it was expected for me to wake up early. Anyway, I made myself a great breakfast, seeing I had all the time in the world, and took a great shower, seeing I had all the time in the world, and worked on some work, seeing I had all the time in the world.

Anyway, the point is that not only had I all the time in the world, but my lecture was in the building right next to my flat, so I could leave 3 minutes before the lecture started and make it in time. And that's what I did. James meets up with me halfway through the minute-long trip, and we both walk and go into the Ridley building. Once we get to our lecture room, we're quite surprised because there's nobody outside, even though we got there a minute early. We look inside. There's nobody. Hmmm... something's wrong. Maybe the lecture was cancelled? I checked my email in the morning, but not right before I left...

We conclude that maybe we're in the wrong room. But we both thought it was there, and, in fact, we never told each other where we were going, we just walked right into there. Well, we decide to try another room (which is about a 10 minute walk from where we were... we made it in 4) and surely enough, we had the wrong room. Both of us. How stupid is that? We didn't miss much, though, it was that programming lecture with the lecturer who explain too much. We missed the beginning of what she was explaining, but since she explained it three more times there was no problem

Ryan and I have agreed that one of my flatmates is easily pleased. He was all happy and excited because he had just gotten this bread that was very thick. He kept on telling people (and showing them too, just to make sure they believed him) how thick his bread was and how mint it was.

My new Marketing professor is quite different from the others. She won't keep lecturing when there are people talking, even if it's only two people. Others might hint that they're annoyed or something, but she'll actually go right out and say it ("shut up!"). Oh, well, might be because shes Irish, but what do I know. Anyway, there's this guy talking, and she says "hey, you, with the stupid hat... shut up!" and everyone's shocked, not so much because she told him to shut up, but because of her reference to the hat. "You can't wear a hat like that and expect me not to point it out..." she adds after a few seconds. I look. She's right.

It's funny that the national government is making the local government of Newcastle provide free transport for the pensioners. Why? Because they're not helping financially with that, and because of that the bus company will have to cut some routes. What's funny about that, you ask again. The pensioners don't want free travel, they've repeatedly said that they're more than happy with the concessions they get. But the national government wants them to have free travel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home