The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Thursday, April 26, 2007

London Chronicles

So I thought I'd pick on my girlfriend on this entry, just because she's been complaining that I never write about her. Well, now she'll be sorry for saying that.

We went to London for three days during the Easter, in case you weren't aware. We stayed in a Travelodge that was about five minutes from King's Cross station, so it was very convenient. So we're on our way back to King's Cross to catch the tube and there's a pedestrian crossing. Becca dares not to cross the road unless the green man is on. The green man was missing this time, but there were no visible vehicles for miles on end. I tell her to cross. She refuses. I ask her again. She refuses again. And then much to my amazement this handicapped man crosses the road in front of us. And guess what, he didn't get hit by any vehicles! That was just shameful, and she knew it. I think that's perhaps one of the worst thing that can happen to a non-handicapped person... other than wearing inflatable underwear.

Later on we were talking about stuff over a meal, and the subject of genetics came up. I'm not sure what exactly it was that we were discussing, but it was dominant or recessive related. She says "well, you could have the dominant gene and not get {insert condition here}... wait, no..." but by then I had already picked her up on it. It must be very shitty to be a dominant gene yet be overridden by a recessive gene...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home