The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Computing Topics

So I was chatting with Tiny (yes, the Tiny... miss that guy) the other day, and the issue of the internet came up. I was telling him how fast it was, and how I was downloading this program at 3MBps in peak hours. But then I remembered that one of my flatmates decided to download the demo of Age of Empires III to check it out. He did so in less than 10 minutes (and the demo is 500MBs). That's crazy speed! And that was around 7pm, not 4am. Now, what I figured was that it probably took him more time to install the demo than delete it... how insane is that?

On my part, I'm sure that this connection is fucking up my hard drive. I'm SURE that the connection downloads faster than my hard drive can write (as it's a freaking hard drive from around 1996). Back then they didn't even dream of having connections this fast... or processors reaching 2GHz, for that matter. So yeah, I'm careful when downloading things (not that I can download much... I can't even download MSN Messenger, I have to use a third party messenger!) as I don't want to be confronted with another Blue Screen of Death (I was confronted with four of those in the first two hours that I used the computer).

Oh, and another thing, I've discovered (well, reaffirmed really) that the internet is a curse in disguise. Before I got a connection in my room I used to read for my marketing, think about uni-related stuff and ways to improve my programs. How that I have the connection you can imagine what happens: nothing. Just surf the web, chat with people... surf the web... kill time... kill some more time... etc. Damn the internet! Anyway, I'm off to do some research (LOL).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

to prove your point, i'm also kiling time... fuck

but you can always justify it by... uhm. yeah

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home