The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

High-roller's confort

So today's been a very productive day... not in an academic way, though. It's also been a high-spending day.

When I ordered my beer yesterday, I was told it would be delivered from 12pm-2pm. As it turns out, it was delievered at 14:00:00 (BBC time). I was shocked at how accurate they were. Anyway, now I have a case of 24 bitters to go through. Can't wait! Today I only went through three as I have a cold and I don't want to make it worse (significantly, anyway).

So, well, after my beer was delivered at 2 sharp, I decied I had to go get myself some winter clothes (that's right, I didn't have any). What made me make that decision? It was a beatiful day outside, sunny, no clouds... but it was 5 degrees. So I figured I better get something because things aren't getting any better. So well, I ended up in a sports shop (by mistake, I went in because I was planning on getting a football for a mere 2 quid) and it turns out they were having a huge sale. So I got a hoodie (that's a sort of sweater with a hood), gloves, socks, and a cap for 15 quid. Not bad at all, seeing that all the previous hoodies I had seen were over 20 quid. Then I got my winter coat (that big, thick, heavy thing) for 15 quid (not bad at all, as I had seen one almost the same at 35 pounds). So in total I spent £30 on all my winter clothes (and well, a cap for the rain (you know, the glasses) and socks so I do less washing) which means all the time I spent scouting Newcastle whilst freezing paid off. And, I checked the forecasts for tomorrow, and the highest temperature will be 3 degrees, which means I'll be able to try out my new clothing. I tired the hoodie tonight when going to a meeting at a pub and it works like a charm. And well, it's 0 degrees at the moment, which makes me wonder what would happen if I tried pissing out the window... read tomorrow's entry to find out if I tried it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't you on the first floor?? what fun could you possibly have seeing pee fly for.. uhm.. a meter? i don't think it's THAT cold...

btw, tonight i get my first subzero temperature.. not looking forward to it. i've already experienced subzero, but that's with the (fucking) wind factor...

anyhow, any tips on buying winter clothes? i have to do that this weekend...

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home