The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Talking about weird

So I went out yesterday to what was presumably my one proper night out of the week... with the exception that I had already properly gone out this week and that I didn't get drunk. But it was loads of fun. It was one of my most bizarre experiences, though.

I happened to go alone to the club because my mate's back in Manchester visiting his family and isn't back until today. Two other flatmates have also gone home for the weekend, so that leaves the Irish guy (who's brother came to visit, so they're all around Newcastle shagging as much as they can with their accents) and the Londoner... well, we don't get along very well so it's almost as if he's not around (aka he doesn't count... plus he's a Chelski fan, but that's not why we don't get along).

Anyway, I get there 30 mins before the doors open (there's usually a massive queue, so I figured I might just go early and get somewhere close to beginning, but as it turns out I was the second person there) and there's this guy waiting. So we start talking (it's a bit hard to understand him as he's a Geordie, but it's managable... the more we talked the better I understood) and then his mates come along. He introduces me to all of them, and they're nice people. They ask me if I'm from Australia (presumably the accent) and I say I'm not, which leads them into thinking I'm from South Africa. When I tell them I'm from Venezuela they all start to go nuts and they get all happy that I travelled all the way to their home city. Then this Italian guy arrives, and they get even happier, because they're starting to feel "multicultural." So what do they do? They buy us drinks once we're inside because we decided to come to Newcastle.

The entry was "cheap" for me. It's usually £4 to get in, but since I had my Rock Society membership card I got in for only £2, which means I can watch the match today and have a few drinks. Anyway, that's not the point, the point is that once we're inside one of them (the one that I met up with first outside) offers me some cocaine... so there it is, my first offering. I was quite shocked, although not too much as that explained why he was so... uhm, out there. I politely declined and then he asked me again and again. I finally managed to shrug him off (yay! didn't give in to peer pressure! lol). and he then went to the Italian guy with presumably the same proposal. He also declined.

Anyway, I ended up dancing with these guys I didn't know (and their girls) coz well... they invited me in. It was a combination of commercial pop-rock and techo, so it was very easy and fun to dance (and it was a welcome break from all the hardcore heavy metal you listen to in the rock clubs). Anyway, other people's girlfriends seemed to be attracted to me. And they were bloody hot! One of them was the girlfriend (I guess it was... they were dancing together and were always together... not to mention he looked pissed when she came over to me) of this unknown bloke, and she kept on moving closer to me and at one point when I took my shoe off to swing it in the air (yeah, we were crazy...) she took it from my hand and started to do it herself. Whatever that meant I have no clue, but it was something new. And she wasn't blonde, but she was very hot. The bloke, of course, took it from her hand and threw it back at me. I didn't make a move on her because, well, I would've been beat up to say the least (although the guys had told me they had my back in case of any problems, but well... no need to start a fight).

Then there was the girlfriend of the stoned guy (who was blonde and hooot!). She'd dance so close to me that I'd almost get a hard on! And she'd look for me and everything. Ahhh... so good woman. But yeah, she was the bloke's girlfriend and he was a very nice guy, so I didn't want to do anything. Plus, he was stoned, so I didn't want to risk anything (and if anything happened between him and I, his mates would back him up, so yeah... no way there). So I got loads of time of touching and dry humping and all... but he was the one that ended up shagging her. Unfair.

I had my way a few times, yelling off the top of my lungs The Who (My Generation (and I happened to be wearing my Who shirt)), Guns N' Roses (Sweet Child O'Mine), Killers (there were three... but you know which three) and Kaiser Chiefs (the two most comercial songs). But at the end of the night (that would be 3) there was this noticeable group missing: the mighty AC/DC. I was gonna start a riot if AC/DC wasn't played in a rock club (well, again, it was a special day with techno incorporated, but it's still a rock club.. plus, everyone has to play AC/DC because their lead singer is from here, so he's a legend and so is the group... the people demand it!) so I'm at the front of the stage (might explain why my ears are still ringing) and I have to find a way to tell the DJ to put AC/DC on... I'm thinking of writing it on a poster, rolling it up and throwing it at him, but that would surely get me kicked out (although they were closing in a few minutes, so what difference would it make?) and then I see this girl wearing an AC/DC shirt, and just as I'm about to grab her to show her to the DJ Back in Black starts. I howler for the full 3 odd minutes and then the music stops. You can't have a better closer than that.

On the way back, I took the lonely way back (I sort of got lost... more like wasn 't paying attention where I was going) so I missed the right way. So I'm walking, and then this guy comes up to me and asks me if I know "Mickey" or something like that. I ask him to repeat himself because I'm not sure if I heard correctly (my ears are ringing at this point) and he shows me what he meant: heroin. I'm like "no, mate, haven't got any of that, sorry" and I took off. So, before yesterday I hadn't seen any drug use in Newcastle, and suddenly in one day I've been asked to take cocaine and been confused for a heroin drug dealer. And where's the pot? Who knows...

So what did this teach me? That I don't have to get drunk in order to have a great night out... which is really good news because that would make my outings much cheaper (although not too much... I usually drink at home before going out... to expensive to buy drinks in clubs). Last night I only had four pints (over 6 hours) which almost-technically means I didn't have any effects of alcohol. Yet it was awesome... one of the wildest nights. And so many freaking hot girls. Oh, I think I saw some celebrities... I think I saw Liam Gallagher (Oasis lead singer), but probably not, maybe some guy with the same hair style). I also think I saw Jessica Simpson, but it wasn't her because she only had big boobs (not huge). But then, that was probably the exhaustion...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"o I got loads of time of touching and dry humping and all... but he was the one that ended up shagging her. Unfair."

I admire you, Jimmie. You're my role model. I'm proud of you, boy. Just make sure you actually get a girl sometime soon...

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN BROTHER!1

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home