The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Today is Saturday

So yesterday was hardly a productive day. I only managed to do half of my research, which means that tomorrow I have to do the other half and write the essay... that's too much to ask. I can write an essay in an hour, but only if I have the information ready to go. Damn it, I'm getting way too lazy.

Anyway, after the breathtaking footy match between England and Argentina (which England won with two late goes from Owen, in the 87th and 90+2) I went back home to do some "research." I really didn't get much done, as I was all buzzed up from the match. So instead I made myself something to eat and watched some Futurame. Two hours later I went out with my flatmate. We weren't sure where to go, so we just decided to try a new venue, the Radio Metro Arena. That's the huge arena where the gigs take place, but on Saturdays there's rock night, with some metal, lots of rock, and an hour of glam rock (go Queen!). So yeah, we head to the quayside, as we're not really sure how to get there, but we know it's around there. So we walk and walk and walk, go past three bridges, four bridges and still don't see the Radio Metro Arena. Something's wrong, we're about to leave Newcastle (okay, we didn't walk that much, but we did walk for quite a bit) and we still haven't seen it. We decide to turn back, as it's already been an hour of walking and the next bridge sems 20 mins away. Then, whilst walking back, I see this small narrow street, and I suggest we go there as the Radio Metro Arena isn't exactly ON the quayside, just close. So we go though that street and as soon as we're clear of the trees we see this huge lit up sign indicating it's the Radio Metro Arena. So we found it! But we also see a sea of people (loads and loads of people... it was incredible) coming out. We figure a gig has just taken place, so we have to go back home or find another club that won't charge us double for entereing after 11. But we have to wait around 15 minutes to let the shitload of people out. So we make our way back to the city centre, and as we're heading back home, we decide to check Legends out (Legends was originally ruled out because the drinks there are very expensive (more expensive than any other rock club, anyway)). So it's only £2 to get in, so we go in and stay there until 2 when we're booted out. It wasn't bad, I just wish I could've gone to Bulletproof instead (the place where I got to dance with the bunch of girls last weekend).

But well, I did see that really hot girl from the KISS concert, to our surprises (we had just been talking about her before today)... she's still hot, but her face could do some work. It's still a 9.5/10, though... perfect body. And the ugly girl wasn't with her. I was too tired to bother doing something, so that just meant that I stared at her for the whole night (and saw at least 12 guys come and go...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home