The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The icing on the day

So what I had planned today was to attend this "battle of the bands" sort of thing at the University of Northumbria (yes, sadly). It was only £1 to get in (again, because I'm special) so I decided what the hell, might aswell give it a try, right? But well, something better came along. An ice hockey match! So I went to watch the Newcastle Vipers play the Edinburgh Capitals (original...) with Ryan (my flatmate) and James.

It turns out it was very entertaining. Perhaps that was because we got in free (again, I'm special... really special), but Newcastle destroyed Edinburgh, and we enjoyed every bit of it. I was yelling and jumping around as if I knew what was going on (and apparenly I got away with it... either that or people are very tolerant) and there was this bloke supporting Edinburgh a few rows behind us (probably the only one there... not kidding) and he kept yelling abuses at the Newcastle players (calling them "Geordies"). It was hilarious... and it really entertained us (everyone else).

That's pretty much it for today, really... oh, well, I bought some DVDs online: the double DVD set of Led Zeppelin live (the actual price is £26 and I got it for £15 in the website) and AC/DC Live at Donnington (just because Angus fucking rocks). Yep, treating myself to some gifts, seeing everyone else is in their Christmas spirit. But to be fair, I haven't bought any entertainment things like that ever since I've been here... no DVDs and no CDs. Only the speaker system.

Anyway, now I can start educating James in the ways of the Force... although I won't use the DVD until I've exposed him to the studio's first. I can't wait to get high on the Led Zep DVD! 5 hours 20 minutes worth of dope... and then over two hours of Angus. Really good stuff. The problem is that I have to wait 3 days for them to deliver it. The store is a 10 minutes walk away, yet I have to wait that long... bastards. But well, it's free shipping, plus cheaper prices than at the store, and aside from that I got a 10% because I'm a student! There's nothing better than being a student here in England!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you just say you get a discount for being a student??? james, we all that the special line simply doesn't cut it

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you found another student!

....but i'm your prodege...dammit.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND YOU SHOULD'VE GONE TO THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS THING!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home