The Black Star

A blog dedicated to the series of unfortunate events that always happen around me. Not so much unfortunate, more like funny.. but unfortunate sounds better.

Get Firefox!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Wintergear

So there isn't much to tell, really, it wasn't the funnest of days. I was planning on staying in all day to avoid the freezing weather, but I had to attend a practical and then a marketing lecture... so much for reading week. So I go to those two, I actually manage to finish the testing on my program, which means I don't have to see it again until when I print it out next week to submit it. Marketing, well... didn't get much done. I still have those 450 pages to read, fuck me. So much for reading week...

Anyway, the supermarket close to us is closing on Saturday, so my flatmate and I decided to go for one last shop. It was half empty, but we still managed to buy shitloads (I guess it's a good thing it's closing... everytime we go for "one or two things" we end up buying half the supermarket. Anyway, it was an emotional moment. And yes, I do expect you to make fun of me for saying that... I got the piss taken out of by my flatmate when I said that.

Aside from that nothing really happened, we stayed in in the evening (wasn't gonna go out at negative three... I must be mad to do that!) and we watched half of season four of Futurama whilst having a few beers. Not bad at all, actually.

Anyway, I decided to dedicate most of this blog to winter clothing, as requested by Ercole (that doesn't mean you can request posts now, this is an exception... it's my blog, not a fucking radio show). Well, I really don't know much about it, but seeing I got some with the advice of my mate, then I guess I could pass on some "knowledge." I don't know about the US of A, but here in the UK "hoodies" are very common, and a must. They're good for everyday use, to get from A to B when it's not overly cold. And they do keep you warm, despite their look. They can withstand light rain, so that's a good thing, too. Get gloves for sure, I know that the part of my body that suffers the most from the cold are my hands. It didn't take the rugby match to figure that one out, but it certainly did stress the point. There are two types of gloves (at least here): thin and thick. I went for thick, as the thin ones I blew into and I could feel my breath completely on my hands... so they're more of a fashion statement, I say. The thick ones are for protection. You can get yourself a beanie hat (a capucha kind of thing) to protect your head, too. My flatmate suggested one, but I considered myself more a cap person... but then yesterday whilst walking back I burnt my ears, so I'm pretty sure I'll get one today... from that same sports store... again, get the thick one if you're thinking of getting it. Let's see, anything else... oh, yeah, of course, get yourself the big, huge coat. I got myself this massively thick and big thing to protect me. If it has a hood then it's better, but then I'm not sure how much rain you get. I guess that's it, really... don't think that was too helpful, but well, at least you got most of a post dedicated to you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, man.

I love how we have such a public form of communication.

Anywho... when I was loading the Live Bookmark, I was afraid you were going to talk about my question... then I saw the title of your blog. Yes, I was a tad embarassed... just a tad.

so, well..uhm.. thanks for the tips. and yes, i can relate to your cold weather... yesterday we had the same temperature all the time, only that in philly it was "1*C" and then at the bottom it said "Feels like -5*C." fuck. i'm thinking of following your advice tomorrow... and hey, i might be flying in that day just 30 mins before you, so if i actually go on that flight, we'll surely meet up.

btw, figure out if you're doing ccs first or second....

take care,

ercole

ps-shoot, this IS a public email

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home